image theft result

Name
Jeff
Edit My Images
No
around a year or so ago i was alerted to a firm called pixys.com who would seek out cases of image theft for you ,yes you can do it yourself if you have the time knowledge and inclination ,but once you have a match on there system and its being used on a commercial source site ,they will take action on your behalf .initially i was very sceptical that it would work .

but i signed up anyway and let them go ahead they take 50% of any payout but half of something is better than half of the nothing that i would have got on my own .

so far this year they have done 5 cases for me the latest against a international travel company .my cleared payments this year have amounted to nearly 2 grand .so if you have looked and hesitated don't think about it its not a scam it really does work :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Wow. Nearly £2000? Great result. Well done.

excellent result, i was invited to join Pixsy too, logged in joined and they found one, but it was a small picture mine, used with in a internal memo, which a copy was posted online

Pixsy didn't wish to persue, (i assume not enough money in it) and i popped the company a quick email and they emailed back, apologising that and offered a little bit of compensation, which was better than nothing, and they didn't try get out of it so i was happy enough

Some of the matches on Pixsy makes me laugh a photo of a Rally Car going full tilt came back with a match to a car on a for sale ad in America:thinking:

Wow. Nearly £2000? Great result. Well done.
so far still more going through as well , but as nick says some of the matches are ludicrous .but its fairly easy to just discard them .yes there is work needed at my /our end to work out whats worth pursuing but after a while it does fall into place .got me the 1D4 i have long wanted anyway ,and the last payment is for another holiday

Cool, I just signed up.
Had a few matches but they were all from Flickr feeds with attribution and links back to my Flickr :pompous:

No camera upgrade for me :banghead:

How does it work, do you have to suggest images or do they have some way of finding yours?

How does it work, do you have to suggest images or do they have some way of finding yours?
You can link it to flickr, 500px and other photo sharing sites.
You can also use google drive and web pages too

Seems like a good idea but 500 pic max unless you pay a subscription seems a bit limiting bearing in mind they take 50% ... matches show legitimate images from Twitter feeds etc.

Though I doubt mine might lead to unlicensed usage & meaningfull monies..........but heh might be worth seeing what shows up :)

I have Flickr and 500px as a starting point?

Couple of relevant questions here ,first it's ANY images on your photo streams I.e Flickr etc .and at any resolution the latest one of mine was paid out on a j.peg image taken in Greece at the turn of the century ,yep sixteen years ago on a Fuji bridge camera .

And my payouts have only been from the basic 500 photos free account ,I am pondering going for a larger subscription but it's a gamble whether there's any more stolen ones or not ,and as I said 50% of the settlement is better than nothing from doing nothing .no brainer really .

If you have signed up and doing matches there is a slider to eliminate non commercial sites . What has surprised me is the fact that I major around wildlife but the payout ones have been general purpose photos and views

Though I doubt mine might lead to unlicensed usage & meaningfull monies..........but heh might be worth seeing what shows up :)

I have Flickr and 500px as a starting point?

Leave it to them to work out the price ,they don't go for cheap settlements three of mine have been around £500

Nice to hear a good result.

I've used it for about a month but no matches yet. Always wondered if they were any good, i assume its in their best interest to chase for you as they get paid too.

Would be great to hear other results too.

How long does it take them to send your 'invitation' once you have entered your name and email address?

How long does it take them to send your 'invitation' once you have entered your name and email address?
Fairly quickly ,a few days I think

Cheers. Doubt anyone would want to use any of mine, but who knows. 'Owt for free is worth it - must be the Yorkshireman side talking. :)

How do they actually pay you? Do you have to sign up with card details?

242 'matches' for a 1990 image of Eilean Donan - none of them mine :police:

Right, I have started the process and according to their site I should receive my invitation code soon. :)

Ha, they went to the bother of adding extra ones in? Definitely the same image tho.

Can you make a claim?

Does it vary on the amount they claim? I.e each image is £XXX amount?

Ha, yep they can't dispute my neighbours house. :LOL:

I looks like a Dutch plant seller using it for advertising, rather than an image/photo seller, so don't imagine it'll be worth anything. :rolleyes:

Got to say though, it's impressive how Pixy works. :cool:

Ha, yep they can't dispute my neighbours house. :LOL:

I looks like a Dutch plant seller using it for advertising, rather than an image/photo seller, so don't imagine it'll be worth anything. :rolleyes:

Got to say though, it's impressive how Pixy works. :cool:
Still worth a shot. You might get something.

I'd imagine they use google image APi

Not sure if i should count myself lucky no one is using images... not sure whether i'm happy or offended :D

Back