image theft result

Because that’s not Pixsy policy. I’ve just had a case turned down for the same reason and they suggested I send a takedown notice instead.

Last edited:
Whilst she’s clearly been naive (and without excuse as an artist herself) if the image is in use for a personal blog then she shouldn’t be chased for money. I suspect that’s why Pixsy backed down rather than accepting her free image site suggestion.
If the account is accurate, the image was downloaded in good faith from an apparently legitimate source that explicitly claimed it was available under a CC0 licence.

Can't you do take downs via pixys? Sure theres an option for it?
Yes they have that option as part of the premium package. As I don’t yet have thatbthey simply Ltd linked me to a diy how to.

Last edited:
Guilty until proved innocent?
I don’t know I’m not an ip lawyer.

But I guess they’ve already taken the image and it’s that persons responsibility to ascertain copyright.

I suppose it’s an allegation as in I’ve caught you with my image/car/stereo/camera.

I didn’t say you could take my image/car/stereo/camera can you offer any explanation as to why you have it?

Last edited:
Something like Pixsy that combines mass trawling of images with legal muscle and active recruitment of clients is potentially open to abuse, though (rather like those firms of ambulance-chasing lawyers who have a similar business model). It's easy to imagine someone who isn't selling images by conventional methods being tempted to bait the hook after making some easy cash via Pixsy. There's nothing to stop an unscrupulous photographer uploading a popular image to Pexels and hoping someone will bite. This just requires a disposable email address, and the images can easily be deleted afterwards. Alternatively, there's nothing to prevent a third party uploading somebody else's work to Pexels without the knowledge of the original photographer, perhaps out of mischief, or even to give themselves plausible deniability for their own copyright infringement. This all raises the question of exactly what steps an image user can (and should) reasonably take to check the copyright of an image they've obtained from an apparently legitimate source.

Iv had a fair few cases flagged, so i initiated 4 as a tester to see how i got on, its taken 2 or 3 months but I just got 2 back, one cant be chased because its in a country where they have no remit but I have one that they say theyll pursue, an image of T5 Heathrow from an aviation web site. Im really not sure what to expect but it would be fantastic to get something out of it...will keep you updated

Also found a viewbug and twitter user who has posted a couple of my images and claimed them as her own...old images that im slightly embarrased about now! She has a feed full of very nice images, i can only wonder at how many are actually hers. Iv challenged here and reported her to viewbug.

Well, I signed up yesterday and imported about 500 images. Ended up with about 15 pages of matches!

Being a property and interior photographer, most of these matches were Rightmove, property agents and property blogs, but I was surprised at how many Indian retouching firms were using my photos as examples of their own work. Lots of strongly worded emails have thus been sent and they all seem to have removed them now.

I did find two American real estate firms using my photos though. Need to come up with a plan of action for those.

I was surprised to find articles from the Mail Online, The Times, and Telegraph showing my images though, which was a pleasant surprise.

Well, I signed up yesterday and imported about 500 images. Ended up with about 15 pages of matches!

Being a property and interior photographer, most of these matches were Rightmove, property agents and property blogs, but I was surprised at how many Indian retouching firms were using my photos as examples of their own work. Lots of strongly worded emails have thus been sent and they all seem to have removed them now.

I did find two American real estate firms using my photos though. Need to come up with a plan of action for those.

I was surprised to find articles from the Mail Online, The Times, and Telegraph showing my images though, which was a pleasant surprise.

Good luck, hope you get a result from it (y)

Something like Pixsy that combines mass trawling of images with legal muscle and active recruitment of clients is potentially open to abuse, though (rather like those firms of ambulance-chasing lawyers who have a similar business model). It's easy to imagine someone who isn't selling images by conventional methods being tempted to bait the hook after making some easy cash via Pixsy. There's nothing to stop an unscrupulous photographer uploading a popular image to Pexels and hoping someone will bite. This just requires a disposable email address, and the images can easily be deleted afterwards. Alternatively, there's nothing to prevent a third party uploading somebody else's work to Pexels without the knowledge of the original photographer, perhaps out of mischief, or even to give themselves plausible deniability for their own copyright infringement. This all raises the question of exactly what steps an image user can (and should) reasonably take to check the copyright of an image they've obtained from an apparently legitimate source.

Did you plan the brinks-mat robbery by any chance

To resurrect an old thread, I would like to find out if any of my images are being used. I have images on Flickr, and tried to follow the reverse search method by copying the URL into Google images. However, I am not sure I am doing this correctly as it keeps saying image not supported. Do I open the picture up from the album/photostream? If so, then I cant click on it as it just wants to zoom in. Where do I find the URL code? Thanks.

To resurrect an old thread, I would like to find out if any of my images are being used. I have images on Flickr, and tried to follow the reverse search method by copying the URL into Google images. However, I am not sure I am doing this correctly as it keeps saying image not supported. Do I open the picture up from the album/photostream? If so, then I cant click on it as it just wants to zoom in. Where do I find the URL code? Thanks.

Not too sure if you can use Google image search using the Flickr codes???

However, if you join Pixsy you can link it to Flickr and others for their search function to regularly scan t'internet and offer you what they find as 'matches'.

HTH :)

PS you can also use Google image search by uploading your image(s) here https://www.google.com/imghp?hl=EN click on the little camera and the box that opens lets you select to put a URL in or upload an image.

Last edited:
PS you can also use Google image search by uploading your image(s) here https://www.google.com/imghp?hl=EN click on the little camera and the box that opens lets you select to put a URL in or upload an image.

That's what I was trying to do but it kept coming up with unsupported image. Where do I find the correct URL on flickr?

That's what I was trying to do but it kept coming up with unsupported image. Where do I find the correct URL on flickr?

Ah! as mentioned in my opening line I don't think there is a Flickr URL that the search can recognise :(

I havent read the kazillion posys, but I aleays thought that if you upload to the net it becomrs public, and people can use your image, is this not the case?

I havent read the kazillion posys, but I aleays thought that if you upload to the net it becomrs public, and people can use your image, is this not the case?
No ... the photographer has copyright.
e.g from a Google image search (note the red line I added):-

Example.jpg

So is there anything we need to do or do we just autpmatically hold copywrite?
Copyright is automatically assigned to the photographer but it makes sense to try to protect that copyright by, for example, embedding copyright into the image.
Most good cameras have a section in the menu to record these details.

Copyright is automatically assigned to the photographer but it makes sense to try to protect that copyright by, for example, embedding copyright into the image.
Most good cameras have a section in the menu to record these details.
Thank you.

around a year or so ago i was alerted to a firm called pixys.com who would seek out cases of image theft for you ,yes you can do it yourself if you have the time knowledge and inclination ,but once you have a match on there system and its being used on a commercial source site ,they will take action on your behalf .initially i was very sceptical that it would work .

but i signed up anyway and let them go ahead they take 50% of any payout but half of something is better than half of the nothing that i would have got on my own .

so far this year they have done 5 cases for me the latest against a international travel company .my cleared payments this year have amounted to nearly 2 grand .so if you have looked and hesitated don't think about it its not a scam it really does work :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Wow such great info Thank you I will definitely check them out

Regards
Matt

I'm waiting for a couple of cases to be resolved by Pixsy. :)

It is amazing how many instances they found of my images being used without consent, but sad that with so many they couldn't do anything about for various reasons. :( :rolleyes:

I'm waiting for a couple of cases to be resolved by Pixsy. :)

It is amazing how many instances they found of my images being used without consent, but sad that with so many they couldn't do anything about for various reasons. :( :rolleyes:
yes that amazes me as well , there seems to be a world wide network of image theft and they all seem to know there way round it ,its only when big companies get involved that there's a chance of a payout but sometimes we strike lucky

yo another result coming , just had to sign a online legal document to confirm PIXSY are acting on my behalf :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Yep they have paid up , just got to wait now for it to filter down through the system

I registared with Pixy following on from Jeff's @the black fox 's success.
But just like you ... So far no luck

In the past 6 - 8 weeks I have had some matches but none were 'logical' i.e. they were subjects (travel subjects ~ a church ceiling, wall frieze and famous Castle on Ischia

So, good to know that Pixsy has been finding matches to subject but not my images ;) :(

It’s a hard slog sorting them out submitted another 4 this morning . And found one Japanese site that sells lenses using about 30 of my images ,unfortunately the t*** had hotlinked them which pixys cant action

It’s a hard slog sorting them out submitted another 4 this morning . And found one Japanese site that sells lenses using about 30 of my images ,unfortunately the t*** had hotlinked them which pixys cant action

Do they make sure that they're using the right picture for the right lens? Even if they're picture thieving rat bags that'd be one good thing to hang on to...

Is that one a good example for you to change the image involved for one that is, to the hot-linker, irrelevant???

Back