image viewer for mac

Name
stewart
Edit My Images
Yes
Finally after 21 years as a die-hard PC user I have gone mac. Most things have proved relatively straight forward but I wonder if anyone can recommend two solutions

With PC I have for the past ten years used fotostation ver 4.5. What I love about it is that it is so fast at viewing photos and that you can minimise it to a strip and drag and drop into photoshop, so simple.

I don't like bridge and wonder if any one can recommend anything.

The other is an ftp program - I use filezilla on PC but the only download I can find for mac is for a later operating system - I have ver 10, again any suggestions please

stew

What Mac do you have? Also which version of OS X? Filezilla is my choice for the PC, but on the Mac I much prefer Cyberduck.

for image viewing if you have Leopard (OS 10.5) quickview may be ideal for what you want to do.

Hi

Thanks for those suggestions, will a look. The mini mac I bought from one of talk members has version 10.4.11

stew

For FTP, it's hard to beat Transmit (http://www.panic.com/transmit) although you have to pay about 15 quid for it. It is actually brilliant.

For an image viewer, what better than the built in Preview app?

I like transport. Its very similar to filezilla with the two panels, one for your local host and one for your webspace.

I love macworld. From seeing the message about transport to having it loaded onto my mac and then logging onto my server space took 90 seconds - fantastic

Just looked at picassa Andrew but it needs the intel CPU, which I do not have but thanks anyway

I have found FETCH to be a very capable FTP client.

For a file viewer we have PREVIEW build in which can be a lot more powerful than you think. You can select-all on a directory and view them then switch between them, resize, crop and change file type. It will also handle most file types without worry - Plus its FREE.

Click a file, push space. Tada.

Quick view isn't on tiger (OS 10.4). As Cowasaki said Preview is pretty useful, just not as quick as quick view.

Or alternatively press [CMD] + [A] then [SPACE] view will appear with all your files available. You can now switch between them using the arrow keys or clicking on the left and right arrows.

(now listed as top tip 101 ! - see my sig)

Or alternatively press [CMD] + [A] then [SPACE] view will appear with all your files available. You can now switch between them using the arrow keys or clicking on the left and right arrows.

Man, you guys make me feel small. I thought I was the chief when I changed all my dock and app icons, but you guys know it all (y) :D

My tip is actually two tips

1) Select ALL files in a directry = [CMD] +[A]

2) Start quick view = [SPACE]

so [CMD] + [A] then [CMD] +

would bring up information on every file in turn

or [CMD] + [A] then [CMD] + [c]

would 'copy' all the files to the clipboard

with [CMD] + [v] to paste them at another location.

..... anyway back to the topic......(but check my sig for 365 mac tips)

Back