IMAGES LACK COLOUR FOR WEB?

Dominic5749

Im bored with it now
Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
No
Hi All :wave:

Im sure this has been asked lots, Also im sort of answering my own question :thinking: . My images I process etc... Look really good but when i convert them to sRGB and down to 72 dpi etc... for the web they lack in vividness,saturation as the original has? now i spoke to a friend and they said to drag one onto my browser page and see if they look different but they dont! So is this the how its going to be?

I process in nikon capture for my raws which is in Nikon adobe RGB 4.0.0.3000 and then i finish off in CS3 and then do a copy and then change the dpi etc... and then I go to convert to profile and save it as sRGB IEC61966-2.1 then sharpen.

Is this the right way? Do you do yours a different way and do your images stay the same as you see them in editing software or on desktop?

Thanks all and will look forward to hearing your replys.(y)

Let's see a couple of these images then.

Its not going to make any difference will it, me posting the images. As you wont see the original as it will loose a bit of the saturation.

Let's see a couple of these images then.

Its not going to make any difference will it, me posting the images. As you wont see the original as I do, it will loose a bit of the saturation.I cant put both images up for you to compare or I will know how to put the image on the net with the original colour, and I would'nt be asking the question.:LOL: so all you will see is a image with lack of saturation.

Its not going to make any difference will it, me posting the images. As you wont see the original as it will loose a bit of the saturation.
Yes, I'm aware of that. I wasn't suggesting you only did that.

Try this:

1. Host the original image on a service like Rapidshare and post the URL to that.

2. Edit the image as normal and save. Upload this to Rapidshare and post the URL.

3. Upload the image to the web or your gallery and post the image or URL in the thread.

We can then compare the three and see where you're going wrong.

Firstly check your browser supports colour mangaement, at present Safari and Firefox are the only 2 which will render images correctly.

Make sure when saving your rgb image that y0ou save it as an sRGB image - not aRGB. Your proble is a colour management problem and ius very comon if you search google you'll see.

This will show if the application is colour managed...
profiletest.jpg

Certainly isn't a joke.
Opened it up in Firefox 3 (colour managed) and IE7 (not colour managed).
Quite distinct difference in the image! :)

Just save the jpg and open in Photoshop.
It's no joke.

Oh! Sorry I misunderstood.

Not many applications are colour managed though. THe web uses sRGB which is why you should use sRGB images when posting on the web.

Photoshop is colour managed.

In order for you to see what I see you would need to calibrate your monitor (mine is calibrated)

EOS JD is spot on.
The picture demonstrates why you should use the correct profile for the correct job, imagine the same mistake with pictures sent to your lab!

Certainly isn't a joke.
Opened it up in Firefox 3 (colour managed) and IE7 (not colour managed).
Quite distinct difference in the image! :)

So where do you find this colour managment in firefox? Looked in preferences and cant find it? But ive dragged it onto firefox and it looks exactly the same and same in Cs3 and nikon capture.

So still unsure, so apart from saving it to sRGB any of you be kind to tell me how you save your shots for the web? I could try your way and it may work for me. Thanks again all

Back