imovie and time lapse videos help

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
had a first go at a time lapse video and i did this in iMovie. i looked online for guidance and it stated to set the clip length at 0.05 seconds and i try to do this but the lowest it will go is 0.1 seconds so i get a video which appears "blocky" and not quick and smooth. Am i doing something wrong? its iMovie 11

Last edited:
anyone?

cheers mate ill give it a try, wondering why iMovie only goes to 0.1 when online i saw a demo and they went down to 0.05 on iMovie??????

i like it, was the camera on a tripod or the passenger seat?

thanks

It was on the suction mount which came with the gopro stuck onto the windscreen, camera was turned upside down so i changed the settings to show the picture the right way up :)

Your frame rate is way too low, you need to aim for 25fps at a minimum. I don't have a Mac and I use Sony Vegas on my PC, when creating a time lapse when import the stream of photos it asks me what I would like the frame rate to be and I use 25 as that's what the majority of my stuff is shot at.

Yours looks like it is only about 8fps.

it is at 25fps it says that on iMovie, thing is it will only let me set each clip at 0.1 seconds so it appears slower! which sucks. someone else online got it to 0.05 seconds on iMovie but each time i select that it auto converts to 0.1..

what do other people use?

Back