Impending Apocalypse

Name
Charles
Edit My Images
No
Wee play with pic of Shawlands, Glasgow.
GranaryHDRweb.jpg

Really good pp on this, normally i would of said not to crop the front of the car off, but in this instance i think it works really well. Just goes to show there is a photo opportunity on every street corner (sorry for the pun)!

Holy HDR Bat Man :LOL: it's very good though, the only thing it's missing it the four horse men riding down out fo the clouds :LOL: I could see this going down a thread in the how would you edit this thread :LOL: I find myself just looking around the image :clap: love it :D

Matt
MWHCVT

Oooh, I like this! I'm not a fan of HDR by a long way. Mostly it's OTT for no apparent reason. This one works for me, though :)

This is great Charles, some HDR can be a little OOT, but this is spot on. I think the colouration and shape of the building on the right make this photo, along with the darker tones to the extreme right-hand side.

I am with the others on hdr, and again like the others this works, the sky is biblical and as a former glaswegian, you have to love the stone and architecture. Excellent !!

Cheers all - you seem to be pretty positive about this.
This area gives the cooking members a chance to display their wares.

Great shot though the sky to the right of the building just dosen't have the same impact as the rest.

I've seen some wedding photos like this! :wacky::LOL:

I like this edit and style of this image. I know the area well and I think you've made it look nicer than what it actually is. I'd love to know if you intended this look or just stumbled on it by playing about? :)

ive got al ot of tiem for this photo, its awesome.

well done mate. im not a massive HDR fan, but really like what you have done with it,

keep it up :D

I thought Glasgow always looked like that :thinking:

A very bold image mate but it does work! (y)

Cheers for comments all √

I like this edit and style of this image. I know the area well and I think you've made it look nicer than what it actually is. I'd love to know if you intended this look or just stumbled on it by playing about? :)
Hi Doog
Thought the sky lent itself to some playing in the processor, so I just messed around until I got a look I was happy with.

Love this!

How many exposures taken for this image and what was the bracketing?

Cheers all (y)

How many exposures taken for this image and what was the bracketing?

Hi Marco
First I shoot raw, which gives a lot of leeway on either side of the exposures.
This was taken over a year ago, so not 100% sure. I used to bracket 3 shots with 2 stops either side, although it depends on how dark or light the scene.
If very dark I'd expose the middle shot a stop down and bracket either side or just take five bracketed shots.

I often just use one raw and use curves in PS to make a 2 stop image either side and produce an "HDR" which can give pretty good results IMO.
Hope that helps.

Back