Imperial War Museum - Salford Quays

WOW these are awesome, did you get your sticker / pass from the reception desk..... When i went with my cam the staff jumped on me & asked if my photos would be for private use......lol

really like the external shots of this unique looking building 2 & 3 are my favourites.

Very nice set Bg.
Like 4, 3 & 5 very much - work for me.
No2 ain't too bad either and last just not my cuppa.

WOW these are awesome, did you get your sticker / pass from the reception desk..... When i went with my cam the staff jumped on me & asked if my photos would be for private use......lol

really like the external shots of this unique looking building 2 & 3 are my favourites.

When I had my bag checked the security guard said I needed to get a pass from reception but they never gave it me. I wasnt questioned at all about my use of the photos, maybe they are more relaxed on a Sunday :)

Thank you for your comments, there are more from today on my flickr and more waiting to be uploaded to flickr but I'm having trouble renewing my pro account so I've reached my upload limit :razz:

Hello there :wave: must admit not what i expected from your title, looks like a new Museum?? and not packed out with world war 2 tanks etc etc, what is the the story behind #5 looks interesting:)

Last edited:
Its a very modern museum with continually changing images projected onto the gallery walls, floor and visitors themselves creating a total, ‘immersive’ environment. There is the odd tank dotted around though :)

No 5 is a sculpture called 'The Crusader' and it the first exhibit you see on entering the Museum's Main Exhibition Space.

The Blurb:
The Crusader, has been created in direct response to contemporary global conflict. It reflects on modern day wars but also resonates with the history of world conflict, showing how war has and continues, to shape lives.

Not normally that keen on modern buildings but No2 is impressive, No 5 is an interesting image.

Best wishes, Mark

Its a very modern museum with continually changing images projected onto the gallery walls, floor and visitors themselves creating a total, ‘immersive’ environment. There is the odd tank dotted around though :)

No 5 is a sculpture called 'The Crusader' and it the first exhibit you see on entering the Museum's Main Exhibition Space.

The Blurb:
The Crusader, has been created in direct response to contemporary global conflict. It reflects on modern day wars but also resonates with the history of world conflict, showing how war has and continues, to shape lives.

Thank you for sharing iam off out to Afghan for a third time next year and will try and pay a visit next time iam in Manc Land;)

Back