impressionistic poppy

Edit My Images
Yes
tried my hand at some different processing techniques, not sure if i ike this or not, and would love someone else's opinion as to what they think, if you think its crap, please say so.
poppy5.jpg

and here's a normal one..
poppy.jpg

Its decent, apart from the white streak across the middle of the pic. What's that all about??

I think i see where you were going with it Boon, unfortunately this doesnt do much for me ! sorry mate ! :( Not sure exactly what kills it for me, let me have a think and a couple more looks and maybe ill think what it is ! :)

GfK said:
Its decent, apart from the white streak across the middle of the pic. What's that all about??

your right GFK, i never noticed it until i leant sideways, it was from me dodging parts, but i thought i had got rid of that mistake, oh well, back to the drawing board.:(

It's a very noble attempt at something very different and quite ambitious. Try to lose that white blob in the centre, and I'd lose the cloud altogether and just go with a plain white sky, more in keeping with the simple graphical style, but it's really very good. Sort it out and you could probably sell hundreds to Ikea. ;)

Nice to see you have the time to play! Trust job is working out and time to enjoy your photography as well.

It's a good attempt at something quite adventurous Stev ... I think I could like the practised end product ... but this is not quite there ... :clap: for giving it a shot and I look forward to seeing it re-posted when adjusted as suggested ?

TFS ... (y)

Well, you asked for honesty, and I'm afraid it doesn't do it for me - I prefer the 'normal' one. Good on you for trying something different though!

I think this is a great concept mate! It's just that the execution has let it down in this case, all can be fixed though.

Points (mostly stolen from others above):
Fix the white smear
lose the cloud
a much more gradual move into black - bit too severe at the moment.

I like it. :)

hi guys
many thanks for the comments, all taken on board. The reason i wanted to try something a little different is, at my local club, we have print competitions and it seems to me that the 'straight' forward landscape shot dont quite cut it, unless you can add a certain something with it, so i will practise and post on here for your much valued opinions.
thank you.
adjusted..

poppy5a.jpg

I like this version better than the first you posted Boon.
I think it would work a little better for me if the fade to black were a little more gradual.
Did you manage to go to Shrewsbury ... or are these Poppy fields springing up all over?

for me the stronger picture is in the tree and cloud, dump the poppies ;)

once again gang, many thanks. I got rid of the white smear, lost the cloud, but not sure how to make the gradient from dark to light, that bit is beyond me at the mo.

Quote:
Did you manage to go to Shrewsbury ... or are these Poppy fields springing up all over?
this poppyfield was 3 minutes from where i live, i was out looking for a flax field, and asked a walker with his dog if he had seen any, and hey presto up pops this one.

White smear is still there a little bit, just under the tree.

Looks a lot better already.
:)

Back