Impreza STi

Edit My Images
Yes
Decided to give the rig some proper use (having only just built it). So a friend helped out with the supply of said Subaru.

Time wasn't on our side, we started around 8pm and finished at 12:30am :)

Lots of lessons learnt (including to start earlier :) )

Let me know what you think
IMG_1020_FB.jpg

IMG_1152_FB.jpg

IMG_1218_FB.jpg

IMG_1297_FB.jpg

IMG_1309_FB.jpg

IMG_1334_FB.jpg

IMG_1349_FB.jpg

IMG_1355_FB.jpg

The first rig shot is top - the other two are a bit plain really.

The head-on shot and the last (windscreen) shot are a bit predictable.

I like the profile of the rear shot. The highlight on the left of the bootlid is a bit off-putting.

The two low shots with the ceiling lit up (especially the first) look awesome. The first of those just works because it has the balance of the car against an equally eye-catching ceiling pattern, plus you have the reflections on the screen, which work. The reflections are missing off the second low shot.

Bet your mate is well happy with those shots isn't he? :)

i love 1 and 5! We got 2 scoobs and ive tried Photographed them but they dont ever come out like these!

Like the Reg number too! :clap:

I really like the first rig shot mate.

lol at the reg :LOL:

I think they are all stunning.:)(y)

The first rig shot is top - the other two are a bit plain really.

The head-on shot and the last (windscreen) shot are a bit predictable.

I like the profile of the rear shot. The highlight on the left of the bootlid is a bit off-putting.

The two low shots with the ceiling lit up (especially the first) look awesome. The first of those just works because it has the balance of the car against an equally eye-catching ceiling pattern, plus you have the reflections on the screen, which work. The reflections are missing off the second low shot.

Bet your mate is well happy with those shots isn't he? :)

Thanks for the comments, yes quite predictable but tend to be the usual sort of thing that still looks ok.

For the head on shot I actually wanted to have the flashes to the rear, firing up towards the back of the car to create that edge of light but using the ST-E2 with the speedlites, they won't fire without line of sight so I couldn't do that with this one (I could with the Evo and having the flashes further forward because the colour was easier to work with). I've now got some RF-602 triggers on the way.

That ceiling I was chuffed to bits with, I'd scouted out the location earlier in the week and thought it would be a nice quiet location to work with but when I looked at those first few shots taken I'd realised this was actually a really good spot for statics. Security didn't like us being there after 9pm (and we finished at 12:30am!) but after a nice chat they let us stay so I'm waiting to hear from the owners of the business park about being able to shoot after 9 (easier to shoot before then as it gets darker earlier mind you ;) )

I double checked the one with the missing reflection and when I go over the notes for the flash locations plus the original file, there is a really faint reflection but the flash didn't highlight it enough for the shot.

nice pics, would love some like that of mine, plate is good aswell, i have one the same ish (y)
p1carpark5.jpg

mark

cracking plate and shots I personally love, only wish I had the talent myself

The reg number says it all really, though the last of the set got my attention (could easily be a promo shot for a cover or promo mag). I wish I could have up yours as a number plate . . . Mr. Patterson!

Please don't tell me your 'mate' wears a baseball cap back to front . . his (I assume) brain is therefore 30 seconds behind any decision made irrespective of car owned. Trust me, youth with too many HP = BIG trouble.

Yah mon . . . whassappnin? . . innit! Just buy a Mondeo and be a boring old fart like the rest of us and save a bundle of sovs. Been there, done that, waste of time, money and more money.

Last edited:
Please don't tell me your 'mate' wears a baseball cap back to front . . his (I assume) brain is therefore 30 seconds behind any decision made irrespective of car owned. Trust me, youth with too many HP = BIG trouble.

Yah mon . . . whassappnin? . . innit! Just buy a Mondeo and be a boring old fart like the rest of us and save a bundle of sovs. Been there, done that, waste of time, money and more money.

Haha, nope, he's a normal sane person who's into his cars (as I am).

Back