In need of some advice and help

Name
jonathan
Edit My Images
Yes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey all,

Am currently in need of some help. I have just returned from a few years oversees in Oz where i took a 1 year digital media course (cert 4) and developed a keen interest in photography and mainly photo/image retouching and editing. I would really like to start working in that area but have found it hard finding information or jobs about it.

Due to lack of big experience and qualifications i would be happy to undertake an apprenticeship or trainee position or even collage or further study, i am 24 and in London area and very keen to get out there in the field.
Any help or information will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

The way I got more experience, was to seek out a bunch of wedding photographers, and then contacted the ones whose work I liked, and asked if they were in need of an assistant, or if I could go along, and shoot alongside them. I realise you may not want to do wedding photography, but they have lots of exposure - otherwise, just seek out photographers, and offer your services, and see where it gets you.

Good luck! :D

Thanks goatee for the advice, am starting to look around into it now!

Back