In praise of gaffer tape

Name
Charlotte
Edit My Images
Yes
Not duct tape, proper gaffer tape.

Putting up backgrounds, masking off lights, making snoots, taping cables down, fixing gear, holding gels, marking ownership, fixing clothes, showing people where to stand, marking out which batteries are fresh, disguising expensive gear on the street, the list goes on.

Gaffer tape, how I love you.

Many (many!) years ago, we used it to tape a kayak together after it was folded in half! It was only the deck that stopped it falling apart.

140 mph Formula Ford FG panels, invaluable for us after a shunt! (Going back a long time)

Ta muchly. I can re-cover my camera now! :)

if you cant fix it with WD40 or gaffer tape than you may as well just throw it away :D

Ah yes gaffer tape it is like the force.
It has a light side and a dark side,
and binds the universe together.
:D

and cable ties

if it moves when it shouldn't gaffa tape

if it doesn't move when it should WD40

If at first you don't succeed get a bigger hammer

If that still doesn't work you have correctly identified an electrical fault

HA! Never thought of that!
Na they were used for securing mailbags, and before someone mentions the nick, it was at Royal Mail!

My gaffer is doing my napper in, where do I buy this tape to shut him up!?

Not duct tape, proper gaffer tape.

Putting up backgrounds, masking off lights, making snoots, taping cables down, fixing gear, holding gels, marking ownership, fixing clothes, showing people where to stand, marking out which batteries are fresh, disguising expensive gear on the street, the list goes on.

Gaffer tape, how I love you.

Do you also use it to repair tears in your canvas prints ? :ROFLMAO: :exit:

Those who know will know :naughty: Lol.

HA! Never thought of that!
Na they were used for securing mailbags, and before someone mentions the nick, it was at Royal Mail!

We used a large amout of them to hold wire looms together on aircraft. You could alway tell who was working on the avionics rack by the amout of cuts to there arms from cable ties...
We looked like we had been fighting tigers with the amout of scraches.

Cable ties aren't sharp until you cut their tails off!

Cable ties aren't sharp until you cut their tails off!

They are when you're winding in a couple of cables which some idiot has tied together with cable ties instead of tape (stage multicore and power cable).

Steve.

Back