In the eyes of a child

Name
Anirban
Edit My Images
No
"In the eyes of a child...there is joy, there is laughter... there is hope, there is trust, a chance to shape the future..." Air Supply

A portrait of my daughter with the 85mm F1.8G lens on a D5100 Body.

1078574_10151514617582120_250017233_o.jpg

I like it. Just viewing on the iPhone. Eye nicely in focus, sharp and good connection with the camera. I'd like to have seen a less tight crop with maybe the whole face.

S

I like it. Just viewing on the iPhone. Eye nicely in focus, sharp and good connection with the camera. I'd like to have seen a less tight crop with maybe the whole face.

S

Have to say I agree with this, although the shot in general is good, I think a less tighter crop would improve, given the correct conditions etc.

For what it's worth, I like it as it is. A less tight crop would be a different picture, (for want of a better way of putting it), to be judged on it's own merits.

Hi, Lovely shot, plenty of impact, the angle of the head is just right, it's lovely and sharp, the B&W works very well, etc etc, Great stuff.(y)

Thanks to all of you for your comments and really appreciate your opinions.

W.r.t tight crop, my wife said the same, but I prefer tighter crops for head shots - it is just a personal preference especially when the eyes are the main point of interest.

I will post the shot with full face once I reach home.

I think it's a great shot : cropping is, for me, definitely a "in the eye of the beholder" thing in most cases.

Lovely, lovely shot and personally I really like the super-close crop.

I love how shart the eye is but to be picky id like to see the other eye sharp also. Feels a lil wonky

I do agree with this though. Given the closeness I think a slightly wider DoF (maybe not so much that the other eye is absolutely pin sharp) may have worked better.

Back