In the Garden Today - Blue

Edit My Images
Yes
244030918-L.jpg

244030995-L.jpg

244031085-L.jpg

244031199-L.jpg

Mike.

Great shots, Mike. Are they heavily cropped? Or do you have a hide in your garden?

Mike, beautiful shots. How far were you and what lens did you use?

the more I see pics of blues, the more I think they look like crew cut hair
fabulous pics btw (y)

WOW!!!!! :eek: They are fantastic, loving each and every one! :love:

Very clear and crisp, like the background as well.........

Thanks for the comments folks, really chuffed with these, especially #4.

These were taken from about 10-12 feet away and from within the hide I use. Canon 30D with Canon 100-400L IS.

Thanks,

Mike.

Thanks for the comments folks, really chuffed with these, especially #4.

These were taken from about 10-12 feet away and from within the hide I use. Canon 30D with Canon 100-400L IS.

Thanks,

Mike.
can we see the hide? or is it too well hidden! :LOL:

Hi Richard,

rushing off to work just now but will post a pic of my set up tomorrow if I can.

Mike.

Hi wonderful series really sharp and great colours
Pete

Hi Richard,

here's a pic of the hide and one of the feeding areas that I use. As you can see you are able to sit and snap away ;) It is a Bush Hide with Realtree Camo and I got it from Doug Darter on these Forums a while back. Folds right down into an nylon carry bag and weighs very little so it's excellent for taking with me to other locations. I used it to get the Kingfisher shots I uploaded here a wee while ago.

The real secret however to getting the shots that I do is as you can see from the photo the surrounding foliage, and of course the proximity to the woods, this gives the birds plenty to hide in from predators, of which we get a few such as Buzzard, Sparrowhawk, Carrion Crow and the odd cat, however the cats have taken a disliking to hand thrown projectiles, I mean stones :D

Regularly get Blue Tits, Great Tits, Coal Tits, Sparrows, Dunnocks, Robins, Blackbirds, Chaffinch, Greenfinch, Long Tail Tits, Magpies, Pigeons, Wren, Woodpecker, Grey Squirrels, also had Goldfinch ( twice ), and the Sparrowhawk and Buzzard ply their trade in our airspace too. So all in all plenty to keep me occupied when the sun is out.

244380238-L.jpg

Mike.

thanks for that Mike.....

I think I've seen your hide in the equipment part of the forum before. Thanks for letting us know you methods and explaining it so well

I back on to a nature reserve (well the other side of the railway) so I get a similar range of birds too. I do have a cat tho and she does scare them away a bit

I'd imagine the birds are well used to you hide by now

I might see if I can bash a small hole in the shed!!! It might be cheaper

Your patience has been well rewarded. Fabulous shots.(y)

Superb shots Mike, whereabouts in Fife are you? I'm in Bo'Ness, just wondering what type of birds i would get around here? they might be attracted by the micro climate of Grangemouth, maybe the odd Ostritch or Parrot?!!?

Back