In ya face Razorbill

unique framing but top marks for getting the shot in the first place!

Mike

Thanks Mike, took a few attempts to get a sharp shot, dont they come in at some speed, but typically the sharpest was clipped :banghead:

What a shame i'm gutted and its not mine ;-)

I would be pleased to get a sharp shot too.

Gaz

What a shame i'm gutted and its not mine ;-)

I would be pleased to get a sharp shot too.

Gaz

Thanks Gaz, they were flying up under the cliff and out of sight, then appearing just before they disappeared again to land below the clifftop, a right pita :D so I was pleased to get one or two in focus.

I go fairly regular so will certainly be trying again, I'll just have to try harder next time :D, cheers

Well done Phil that takes some effort to capture one like that, I’m so looking forward to visiting on the Last May bank holiday weekend

Well done Phil that takes some effort to capture one like that, I’m so looking forward to visiting on the Last May bank holiday weekend

Thanks Adam, much appreciated.

Its a cracking place, warm without being too hot and a good stiff NW or SE breeze I find are about the best conditions for keeping the birds up nice and high, have a great weekend when you go (y)

Wonderful shot,Phil. When you say 'cliffs' I assume it's Bempton ? A long way from here..

You sound like me.. beat yourself up if it's not 100% but you say they come in at 'high' speed anyway and suddenly appear and disappear from view..Sounds very challenging to me so to get this is an achievement. From what you say,though, you'll soon get another opportunity. Hire a boat..:D

Great shot Phil. These are hard to catch at the best of times. I'm off up South Stack Anglesey at the start of May. No doubt cursing my images at the end of the day. If I get anything half this good I'll be pleased.

Wonderful shot,Phil. When you say 'cliffs' I assume it's Bempton ? A long way from here..

You sound like me.. beat yourself up if it's not 100% but you say they come in at 'high' speed anyway and suddenly appear and disappear from view..Sounds very challenging to me so to get this is an achievement. From what you say,though, you'll soon get another opportunity. Hire a boat..:D

Thanks John, yes Bempton, sorry just noticed I hadn't said where it was shot in the OP, thought I had :oops: :$

Hire a boat..:D

I would love to but..........:puke:........its the only reason I've not been to the Farne Islands!

Great shot Phil. These are hard to catch at the best of times. I'm off up South Stack Anglesey at the start of May. No doubt cursing my images at the end of the day. If I get anything half this good I'll be pleased.

Thanks Martin, I'm considering Anglesey this weekend funnily enough, I've never been for the birds. Enjoy when you go, I'm sure you'll get some cracking shots (y)

Thanks John, yes Bempton, sorry just noticed I hadn't said where it was shot in the OP, thought I had :oops: :$

I would love to but..........:puke:........its the only reason I've not been to the Farne Islands!

Just checked the emoji..that's a bummer. What a pain for you. :(

Back