"INA The Macon Belle" P51-C Mustang

Pirate!

Suspended / Banned
Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Ahoy!

"INA The Macon Belle" a North American P51-C Mustang.

Rare . . like hens teeth! This belongs to the owner of Fantasy Of Flight, Kermit Weeks and is being prepared for an afternoon aerial display.

The wings from a PBY-5A have been cloned out from the background and also a pair of legs from behind the tail. I think the P51-C has such a classy profile. It's in the livery of the Tuskegee Airmen.

DSC07107reduced.JPG

sexy looking (y) exsposure pretty spot on imo (y)

Stunning plane! well captured!

"INA The Macon Belle" P51-C Mustang with owner of Fantasy Of Flight and pilot, Kermit Weeks deep in thought prior to the afternoon flying display and one post flight doing a Q&A with us folks.

Taken with Sony A700 + Sigma AF 100-300mm F4 EX DG (IF) APO.

DSC07212.jpg

kermit4.jpg

kermit2.jpg

kermit1.jpg

kermit.jpg

Last edited:
Nice picture. Look at that bizarre perfectly symmetrical shadow underneath it. And that weird looking figure in the hat reflected in the tail. [First picture]

Nice picture. Look at that bizarre perfectly symmetrical shadow underneath it. And that weird looking figure in the hat reflected in the tail. [First picture]

Ahoy MisterE!

Thanks for your C&C. The Tuskegee Airmen (red tails) flew more than the P51-C and I think had about 6 fighter groups or wings each with their own emblem, though I haven't seen the one on the side of this aircraft, so don't know if it's a personal addition to the livery or not.

You could start with Wikipedia and go from there. The history is facinating and there is at least one TV movie/DVD about them starring Laurence Fishburne and I believe the is another in the pipeline for the big screen (though don't quote me).

Back