Incoming from Chavshire

Name
kevin
Edit My Images
Yes
Dropping in to say hello. I've just retired from racing motorbikes so looking at another time/budget occupier. I use Canon 50/80d at work, always in manual, sometimes in challenging conditions so I am comfortable in making a camera do what I want it to do but am looking at entering the full frame arena to do a variety of subjects and only for my own pleasure.

As I use Canon at work I naturally steer towards those beasts, toying between a 6d and 7d setup or a 5diii but I'm now edging towards a Nikon 750d instead. I'm in no rush to buy as I have a load of motorbike stuff to sell to provide some funds so I shall hang around and gather some info.

Arch Stanton

The grave next to Arch Santon. .....

How many will remember that?
Welcome.
That's me :) Many remember where Arch Stanton comes from but don't recall that the gold was in the unmarked grave next to me.

If you've never seen TGTBaTU this will be utter tripe.

'Twas a good film the first half dozen times I saw it. Now it seems far too long and the English language over dubbing is just awful.

But it was part of my growing up. That and The Graduate - another film that hasn't quite stood the test of time.

Hi Kevin, And welcome aboard TP. "Enjoy".

Thanks GK, I've been lurking around an EOS forum but of course they are Canon focused so glad I stumbled across this site so I can compare others thoughts on my camera choice (I shall resist starting a Canon v Nikon thread as I'm sure it has been done many times before and I'm pretty sure where I'll go) but I'm really enjoying looking through the shots people have posted.
I'm looking forward to getting stuck in but realistically it will probably be the spring before I pull the pin on any purchases. Work is getting in the way!

:welcome: to the forum :wave:

Be good to see some images of yours ;)

:welcome: to the forum :wave:

Be good to see some images of yours ;)
Hi Norkie, all my works ones are commercially confidential so cant be posted, not that they would be interesting at all looking at some of the fabulous efforts on the site. Once I get sorted with some of my own kit and I have something semi-respectable to post up I shall oblige. I have absolutely no experience of PP so they will be quite amateurish to start but tbh, my preference is to not go for too much processing.
Kev

Who is the real Arch Stanton? Things cold get confusing, so long as there is not a stand off. :)

Back