Incompatible flash or faulty 5d mk3?

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
So i got my shiney new 5d mk3 today and have been trying it out, everything seems ok except it doesn't fire my Jessops 360 flash, zooms ok and the ttl light is on so i assume it is talking to it?

When i go into the flash settings and try to alter anything it says flash is incompatible or flash is turned off (which it most definately isn't), i am hoping its incompatible and not a faulty camera :eek:. The flash worked ok with my 50D.

Any suggestions on how to get it to fire or is my cheapo flash just not compatible and i should buy a new flash, if so what one? If i need to buy a new flash i would like one that zooms etc when rotated / tilted which my Jessops doesn't.

Thanks

Mark

FWIW my 1DIV no worky with a Jessops 360 flash, sold the flash brand new on here.

mac124 said:
So i got my shiney new 5d mk3 today and have been trying it out, everything seems ok except it doesn't fire my Jessops 360 flash, zooms ok and the ttl light is on so i assume it is talking to it?

When i go into the flash settings and try to alter anything it says flash is incompatible or flash is turned off (which it most definately isn't), i am hoping its incompatible and not a faulty camera :eek:. The flash worked ok with my 50D.

Any suggestions on how to get it to fire or is my cheapo flash just not compatible and i should buy a new flash, if so what one? If i need to buy a new flash i would like one that zooms etc when rotated / tilted which my Jessops doesn't.

Thanks

Mark

Don't know anything about the Jessops flash, but I'll clear up your other point. No flash will retain its zoom setting once you swivel or tilt it. How could it know how far away your bounce object is to give the correct pattern? That's why they zoom out, to ensure they're spreading a wide enough pattern.

The best flash depends on what you want to do with it and your budget. Give us some more detail and we'll make recommendations.

Back