Indoor flower image

Edit My Images
Yes
I took this image by the kitchen window (so natural light) using a mini tripod and shutter delay. It still isn't nearly as sharp as it should be. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Someone has suggested that when using a tripod it is worth turning off image stabilisation - would that help??

P7230364_edited-2.jpg

C & C if you have time please...

I think that's a really nice image Polly, very nice colouring & composition (y)
I do think that you need to add a levels adjustment as the background is looking a rather dusty dark grey & not quite black to me but the colours of the plant itself are very nicely controlled.
Turning off IS would probably help unless you have the 2nd gen version & in that case I don't think it really matters tbh (or so I've heard) as the IS recognises tripod stability (although in my experience tabletop tripods are nearly always not stable & need pressure applied to stabilise properly.)

Overall though I think you're definitely onto something here & I look forward to the next versions (y)

i think its lovely but the background could be blacker

well done

I rather like this..... the black is OK on my monitor but I am at work :(

The only thing is I find the continuation of the stem is distracting as it leads me out of the top of the frame. :(

Thanks for your helpful comments.

The background looks black on my monitor - is there a recommendation for monitor settings? Maybe I need to change them as I can't see what you mean.

I know what you mean Chuckles by the stem being distracting but that is how the flowers grow as they come out one by one towards the tip of the stem. Do you think it would look better with the stem cut off?

Back