Induro - feisol solid but light ish tripods

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
No
Hi,
I am looking at making a sensible first time proper investment on a decent tripod having purchased too many over the last 8 years or so. :)

I'm keen on having a gimbal for my 200-500 and solid enough for Astro work but light to carry - I know I know there's no such thing :)

So narrowed it to a few options if anyone has any experience of the 2 or 3 bits below, any feedback would be great. Not many shops to go and view them all to compare!

Induro git304 as per...

http://www.dalephotographic.co.uk/h...iber-tripod-with-ghb2-head-6931747354573.html

The legs seem good but know nothing about the gimbal. So could buy the legs only and mix and match...

Or feisol 3472 plus a gimbal I haven't chosen yet. - was reading the lensmaster thread and seemed pretty good.

Will look for a solid ballhead for the astrotrac on top also, not sure if the ballhead gimbal combined are good or too week to use regularly as a gimbal?
Money is obviously a concern but more concerned with making a decent decision on a tripod I wish I bought 8 years ago.

Cheers

Last edited:
Well I chose the feisol... 3472 (thanks @gramps for the recommendation)

Wow... these legs are unbelievable from first impression. Can't believe how solid but light they feel. And a pretty smart bag to match.
Just need a head and gimbal but I will sit and stare at these whilst waiting for the postie. :)

IMG_1487325201.862955.jpg

Thanks... I've purchased the induro gbha sidekick gimbal due to the reviews and price, to keep weight down also.
Thought I'd also ordered a bhd3 from wex, but their ridiculously poor customer service not being able to give me an eta from induro after 3 calls from me and promises of a reply (I emailed induro myself and got a response in 5 minutes to say about 3 months), I've started to research others, still not sure.

Can't believe how light it is to carry, wow! Looks as though it should weigh a tonne. Maybe I'll borrow it now n then :whistle:

Good solid tripod,only issue and it was my own fault a rubber foot came off after having it stood up against a fence.
Couldn't find it in the grass so had to order 3 new ones from Feisol Europe.

Hi Peter, im seconds away from purchasing the flm 48 ft, which model did you get and how are you finding it?

I purchased the 43 FTR. I wasn't sure I would ever need the R part but you never know.
I felt the 48 might be a bit big.
I am more than happy with the 43. It is very well made and performs to my expectations.
I bought mine from Snapperstuff.

Yes, the R part does seem a bit of a why and when, but saw it could be added at a later stage for only a few pounds difference to buying it upfront.
I like the idea of the tilt lock which would make it more monopod friendly if that was ever an option.

Does your panlock, lock solid? Did read a review that said an issue but I guess just a one off.

Last edited:
Not sure when that review came out, but note it is version 2 supplied theses days.

Just ordered the flm 48 ftr to sit on top, thought the legs deserved an equally decent head.
Should be masses for the gimbal arm but also precise for Astro position and with 10 yr warranty... last me 20.

I don't know if it's normal to get excited over a ball head, but it is kinda nice looking, built like a tank and still light on the feisol legs.
It all works too which is a bonus. :)

IMG_1487707674.040080.jpg

Yes... 1 or 2..... or 5. :)
All pretty logical after a few mins though. I probably won't use any most of the time with the gimbal, but can see the use of a few coming in handy. (And they only had the full bells and whistles one in stock and patience got the better of me)

Not yet, had to get some glue and it's coming very very slowly from Amazon, wish I'd nipped to the shop now. Got the mild strength loctite, I assume you have done yours? I noticed it needs the glue.

Yes, I got the very gooey stuff they recommend where you have to mix 2 together.
Don't do it on your desk!

Yeah, notice the instructions recommend uhu 300 but the flm vid online said mild loctite, and most general advise is to use red loctite. A little variation there on how permanent and strong you want it.

Back