Industrial Past - Edit now plus mono

Name
Les
Edit My Images
No
Leeds and part of its industrial past with the Leeds Liverpool canal and what is left of industry past with the two brick towers, on the right above the wall the railway main line in and out of the city, all this plus a free sunset as well.
Yes it is HDR bit stronger than I normally do but I thought the location suited it, that grime fill past and only a couple of minutes outside the vibrate city centre.

Les F

Indust-Lds_7336.jpg

Last edited:
Corking shot and nice processing! Some reflection you've caught there! And the composition is good - okay I like it :D

Lovely capture and fantastic HDR... great lead in lines and use of perspective.
Yes it looks over cooked but i agree that it suits the subject matter perfectly.

Nathan

thats is awesome, i wish i could process like that :(

A very enjoable image. The treatment provides enough contrast to make the composition work well. (y)

I like it a lot
the sign on the far bank led me to expect a railway station
but I guess it's not!

stunning depth to the water

well done you!(y)

I have just had a play with your image Issey and would like to post an alternative. If you wish this please tick your edit box or say it is OK. If not no problem! (y)

Again thanks for the comments, Himupnorth no problem with uploading a version

Les F

Thanks Les.

I selected the blue colours in the sky, added the blue in the canal to this selection then applied a B&W filter set to neutral density. I reduced the opcacity of this layer to about 70% to let some of the other colours bleed back in.

The net result is to subdue the other colours, especially the reds. I feel that this more subdued image suits the subject better (just my opinion) and is less aggressive. I am particularly pleased that the composition is just as strong in this second version which means the composition was just about spot on all along.

What do you think?

2634011843_f66eb8db5f_o.jpg

I think you have done a first rate job with the image and I like the idea, Thanks appreciate your explanation to

Les F

actually I think it still works :clap:
will need to study your method when sober though!

Back