InFLYte

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Caught this little beastie buzzing around my head today I think it's a little soft but I'm quite happy with it :shrug:

ab5agl.jpg

Last edited:
Well caught.
This was covered the other day, it's not soft, the wings are just too fast!

Ahh I see, I have lots of others with fast wings too :) Will post some more then later. Thanks for the comment.

Great shot, wish I could capture one like that, my vision is not the sharpest though.

Well captured John. Did you say around your head or in it LOL Perhaps a little too much black background on the left.

Great shot, wish I could capture one like that, my vision is not the sharpest though.

Nor mine, my vision is awful now but I fall back on my autofocus on my 150mm macro and take a great deal of shots. There is always one or two that come out ok'ish :)

Well captured John. Did you say around your head or in it LOL Perhaps a little too much black background on the left.

That would be my arty attempt to process with the rule of thirds. I have probably got that very wrong though. :LOL:

Same Hover Fly having a little rest. It was buzzing round for a fair while and I took a load of shots of it.

2e34gwk.jpg

You seem to be getting pretty good at these.

Thanks Mick I just need a macro compo at the Blackburn Camera Club now and i'm laughing :)

How do you manage to nail one in flight?
I've tried a few times but by the time I've tracked it down in the viewfinder. (when they hover) its off again :(

Well luckily for me this one was literally flying around my head. I left my camera on continuous focus and just kept following until I got the Fly in focus and clicked away I got at least 20 in flight most were a little soft. He rested between flights on the patio table and I got some nice close up's. My shots with a reversed 28mm didn't come out and had a white fog :shrug: I'm putting this down to the extension tubes. I'm still experimenting. I also combat my inability to use my camera with taking a load of shots, I seem to get lucky on a few occasions :)

Back