Info on Griffin Park, Brentford, needed...

Name
Claus
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,
I am shooting at Griffin Park on Saturday for the first time (first time in UK, actually). Using 400 mm, 70-200mm and wideangle as third. As it is a new ground for me, I would like to know if anybody would be kind to share some experiences. I have been handed the media guideline, so the practical stuff is more or less sorted out. But I would like to know if there are some positions to prefer - or the opposite. Actually just any good advice you can give me :)
Thanks in advance,
Claus Birch, Denmark

I shot at Brentford at the end of last season. It was an evening kick off and I struggled with the floodlights with a 1D mkIII and a 2.8 lens. But as you are there Saturday, I'm assuming it will be afternoon so you will be fine.

Also, parking is not possible at the ground. We were given parking about 5 minute walk away in the local school.

Position in the ground - there was plenty of room behind the goals

If it's an evening match.... don't bother. I've seen stars shine brighter than the lights at Griffin Park.

If covering Brentford second half, they tend to celebrate towards where their friends and family sit, which is the East corner, opposite side from the dugouts.

Introduce yourself to Mark Fuller, club snapper... He'll be wearing shorts. Top guy. Tell him I said hello.

As Kelack says, parking is a nightmare. There is a car park on Windmill Rd and Orchard Rd. I could have sworn it was free on a Saturday but the internet seems to suggest it's not. Give it a look on the day though. Traffic around the area can be very slow at times too. Don't get caught out.

Enjoy.

Thank you very much, kelack and Seba. You have been very helpful. Fortunately I don't have to bother with the parking, as I am in the Holiday Inn, close to Griffin Park, guess I will just walk. I will remember Mark Fuller and also the celebrations. I had a look at some youtube videos from the stadium, and it looked like there were no room behind the goals. But I will see on saturday. It should be 20 °C and sunny (unfortunately), som I guess I must also care about a shadow/sunny field :-(
Thanks

Haha, you made me second guess myself then, I thought perhaps I was remembering a different ground but just checked my album and I was definitely behind the goal line both ends.

Have fun

And thanks Seba, I forgot his name! But yes, he is a nice chap and will give you some good advice

Back