Beginner Info wanted - Dovercourt Lighthouses

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Good evening, I am going to Dovercourt on Sunday to catch the sunrise and tide. I heard, a while ago, that there was scaffolding around the lighthouse off shore, does anyone know if that's the case or has it all been cleared? Anything else to look out for?

Cheers
Simon

The scaffolding has gone now.

It's a pretty easy location to visit, parking is on the road right in front of the lighthouse. At low tide there are really nice sand ripples, mainly to the left of the lighthouse which make good foregrounds, at high tide the groynes make good leading lines as does the concrete wall/walkway to the lighthouse.

If memory serves I think the sun will be rising over to the left at the moment behind the Felixstowe port which isn't ideal but you will get nice sidelight on the lighthouse.

Yes there was nothing but water visible round it when I took some shots of it during Thursday lunchtime. The paragon 500mm f/8 I was testing proved much better than I was expecting, and is light enough to be used with the techartpro once I get a suitable intermediate adapter. :)

Back