Information about photo booth opportunity at a ball.

Name
Rachel
Edit My Images
No
Morning everyone,

I'm currently organising a graduation ball for the school of Earth and Ocean Sciences in Cardiff University for July 2012.
I know most people will bring their own cameras, but I was just wondering what is the normal routine for having a photobooth kind of thing at ball events?

Does the photographer charge the event organiser for his/her services? or Does the photographer just rely on the money he/she will hopefully make from prints of photos taken for event attendees?

I'm just trying to suss out things as to whether a photographer would be feasible or not as ticket prices are already set and I'm not sure whether they would stretch to a photographer who needs payment before the event as well as print payments.

Any info on what normally happens at these events would be very useful for me. Thank you!

Morning.

I organise a few social events each year. Normally I will take the photos and publish to Facebook for free. Hardly anyone ever asks for a print or hi re version nowadays. So there is no income to be had.

We have paid a photographer (pro friend who charged £100 plus two meals) who gave unprocessed high resolution jpegs in return. This was cheap for us - and he was doing me a favour - he charges upwards of £1k for a days work normally.

Some pros MAY turn up for free and then charge, say £10 per 6x4 print. It is a risk for them as most people seem to be happy with something they can just put on Facebook. There will be someone who will do that for you, I'm sure.

Rachel, you might be better asking in the Business forum, there are loads of event photographers who will take superb photos of your graduands

Noted, I shall repost the thread there, wasn't sure whether the business bit was only for business people and professionals or not.

Back