Review Infra-Red Conversion of an X-E1 by ProtechRepairs

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
No
Just a very brief review of Protechrepairs conversion of my X-E1 for Infra-red photography... (in case someone uses Search)

I could only find ACS and Protech as companies doing this in the UK and so I sent exploratory emails to both asking about converting an X-E1 as they tend to quote for DSLRs on their respective sites.

ACS never replied, but Protech did and after a week of emailing their very helpful Jo, I sent it off.

They told me it would take a week. It did. They sent it back RMSD and I'm really happy with their work. Mostly though it was the super customer service.

I've done a more detailed write up here for anyone interested but the tl;dr version is - great service.

(I didn't receive any reward/recompense for the review and am not affiliated with them. I'm just a customer who wrote about it)

Looks like my old 300D would cost about £265 to convert and post.

Can I ask how much they charged?

£250 for the X-E1 + postage back to me at a tenner. Plus I had to send it to them (RMSD was a few quid I think). I think the cost varies on the filter type. I went "super-colour". Results are in the contact sheet for my 52 entry this week : Ian's 52 for 2015: Week 16 - Experiment. Some of these have been converted to B&W, some have been channel swapped (blue sky) and some are straight out of camera (orange sky)

Last edited:
Back