Infra Red

Galaxy66

Jeremy Beadle
Name
My name is Mal not Jeremy :)
Edit My Images
Yes
Like marmite love it or hate it. Taken with my fully converted infra red 450D.:)
5568809303_6b0d24400c_b.jpg

2 One without the colour channels switched.
5535124248_216821b2ea_b.jpg

Last edited:
no finding the first one not that great. but loving the second one.

Last edited:
liking the second mate, different :)

Cheers Cliff, it certainly is different!

no finding the first one that great. but loving the second one.
Thanks James, the second one is as it comes out the camera as a Jpeg I shoot one of each Raw + Jpeg. see if you like the colour channel switch on the bridge.

I prefer number one number 2 would suit a black and White convert

Thanks Andy, they do lend themselves to mono conversions well, i actually have one of the bridge I will post.

Colour channel switch of the bridge.
5569759716_c801dcbc79_b.jpg

Last edited:
And for those that like it as it comes out the camera, another view of the bridge.
5524373060_837908b0ff_b.jpg

And a quick mono conversion.
5569221149_8f36c25c93_b.jpg

Like all these very surreal.
How much was it to have the camera converted and do you still have to use a filter?

Gaz

Number 2 is spot on - sometime schannel swap works, sometimes it's better off the camera and sometimes it's better in Mono, this one is perfect as it is. (y)

I love number 2 also, great shot. I've been playing with Ir lately also, and it's nice to see the shots before and after the channel swap. :)

Did you tweak the curves also?

Like all these very surreal.
How much was it to have the camera converted and do you still have to use a filter.
Gaz

Hi Gaz, for Canon XXD and XXXD bodies it costs £300 for the conversion, I bought a mint 450D with only a few hundred clicks for only £80 more:)
Once the conversion is done you use it like a normal camera.

Number 2 is spot on - sometime schannel swap works, sometimes it's better off the camera and sometimes it's better in Mono, this one is perfect as it is. (y)

Thanks Alan, I have also found how well it turns out depends on where the sun is in relation to the subject more so than in normal photography, directly behind the camera gives best results.

I love number 2 also, great shot. I've been playing with Ir lately also, and it's nice to see the shots before and after the channel swap. :)

Did you tweak the curves also?
Cheers, no.2 seems to be coming
out tops:) no curves adjustment just levels set to auto on CS5

I love number 2! Such unusual colours.

Cheers Steve.

And finally a normal version of the bridge, taken with a different body of course.
5532686857_d0d3809852_b.jpg

Dedicated IR cameras are the way to go, I had my Nikon D70 done about 5 years ago, and it still produces great IR images. I also prefer your second shot as I find having something manmade in IR shots works so much better.

Dedicated IR cameras are the way to go, I had my Nikon D70 done about 5 years ago, and it still produces great IR images. I also prefer your second shot as I find having something manmade in IR shots works so much better.

My plan is to use it for abstract shots, but I have since found that something man made in the shot does work well as you say.

Very nice work, Mal. I was going to offer to send you the DNG profile I'd created from your images you sent me. I don't think I'll bother now, as you clearly don't need it! :)

Very nice work, Mal. I was going to offer to send you the DNG profile I'd created from your images you sent me. I don't think I'll bother now, as you clearly don't need it! :)

Cheers Trevor, looking forward to seeing what you have made of them:)

5000th post just for you:D

Hi Gaz, for Canon XXD and XXXD bodies it costs £300 for the conversion, I bought a mint 450D with only a few hundred clicks for only £80 more:)
Once the conversion is done you use it like a normal camera

Thanks(y)
I'll have a look into having one of my bodys converted.

Gaz

Back