Ingleborough

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
I know this one has been done a few times but what can you do, those ankle breaking pavements are so photogenic. One of those fighter planes whistled by a few minutes before, the wide angle lens wasn't the tool of choice for papping him. :bonk:

IMG_1001-edit-716213.jpg

I think that's great - good foreground interest, dramatic sky and the tree leaning into the photo. The PP suits too.

Thanks guys,

It was taken just off the waterfalls walk, I wasn't expecting much with it being midday but the clouds looked quite moody. An unfortunate effect of wide angle lenses makes distant objects seem even further, there is probably some equation to it but I've no idea what it is. Thats why Ingleborough looks small. It was taken yesterday (Monday) but I was out at the ribblehead for sunrise this morning but the clouds were too thick, had to keep looking at the time to see if it had even risen! It probably turned out to be a nice day, sods law!

I don't know this area at all, and apart from the leg-breaking potential of those stones, looks a brilliant place for interesting landscapes. This one is very appealing, imo - dramatic and with good points of interest for the eye to rest on. I like the pp - it suits the subject.

Glad you got the weather to your liking - that's a real rarity at the moment. :LOL:

Seen this so many times but still like to see a good version. And this is a great version! (y)

Still looks great no matter how many times its shot, i sooner have my pic of a location shot many times on my wall rather than someone elses well done indeed.

Like how the tree and rocks in the foreground which were the first things I saw led me to the tree in the background and that dramatic sky. The whole scene looks stark and dreary. Reminds of the scene in Tess of the D'Urbervilles when the police are looking for her at the end of the book. Great shot (y)

Back