Ingleton Waterfalls

Name
Tracey
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone

I'm going on a school trip tomorrow to White Scar Cave and Ingleton Falls. I've been asked to take my camera along so the kids can use the photos for inspiration for art work back at school. I understand from others that the walk is quite a hike! I'll admit I'm not the fittest, overweight and struggle with climbing steps with my knees (or mainly coming down steps), so just how bad is it? We are only doing the first part, up to Pecca Falls, not the full 4 miles as time won't allow - it will take us almost 3 hours to get there!

I'd love to do this walk on my own, or with my family, but I know this will end up being rushed, so I'm really not looking forward to it.

Hi Tracey,

I went there 2 years ago and i was ok. although its a bit of a trek its pretty easy going and i'm not very fit. in fact we parked on the wrong car park (2 hrs only) and we practically ran round :LOL: Its lovely we are going back and we will park on the right car park and take a leisurely stroll round :)

If your parked at the carpark with the cafe then up to Thornton force is quite easy some steps just before thornton force after pecca falls, it is after thornton force that things get a lot up hill and down hill. I would go up to thronton force as it is an impressive sight and worth the effort. and yes I'm not the fittest of people either.

Buy or borrow some boots, there are a lot of tree roots on the surface making it not a great surface to walk on the added support will help and it can be a little wet and muddy, not sure at this time of year but always has the times I have been.

Back