Ink cartridges?

Name
Cheryl
Edit My Images
Yes
Where is the best place to get genuine cartridges from? Anyone got any good recommended websites?
I can't go back to work for at least another 2 weeks :( so thought I'd have a go at printing some of my pics out.

Doesn't exactly answer your question.... in fact it doesn't answer it in any way at all! But, I very rarely print photos at home because it isn't cost-effective - might as well just get 'em done at Jessops or Boots or somewhere. Its becoming very cheap to do, now.

I would actually like to know where I can get genuine cartridges from also, though. I need new ones and I dont trust 'compatibles' any more.

Photobox is very good and cheap for online printing but as to original cartridges, maybe if you tell us what make and model of printer you have we can offer some suggestions ;)

For online printing I'd recommend www.pixum.co.uk as they are notibly cheaper than Photobox. The quality is great but they only offer glossy prints which is a shame.

Steve said:
Photobox is very good and cheap for online printing but as to original cartridges, maybe if you tell us what make and model of printer you have we can offer some suggestions ;)

The ink cartridges I need are Canon BCI-24. I have one of those all in one thingies - Canon smartbase MP360

7dayshop have these carts in, the colour cart seems to be less than £9 :eek2:

I've never been a fan of the online printing tbh, mind you.....it's not very often I come up with a shot that justifies the ink usage :hissyfit:

Gave up on home printing after replacement costs for ink were nearly £60 for the Canon I had !!! For general snaps I pop down to local Tesco's, but for something decent (still waiting ;) ) I would use the likes of Photobox (good review in DP Mag)

Looks like 7dayshop have the best value ink cartridges... off to order them right now :) I've been off work for ages and need something to keep me entertained!

I managed to persuade my local Clarkes Stationers to match 7day Shop prices for my Epson 1290s cartridges and for my Epson Stylus Photo830 too. I just took the receipts in and asked him if he could match the pirces shown or do better, so far so good!

I get the Epson value packs for my R300, all 6 cost just £39.99. The likes of PC world sell them in singles for £11.99 (madness). The last lot I bought were from Jessops in Notts, but the previous ones I ordered direct from Epson, but they've put their price up by a couple of quid now, but always worth checking incase.

Can't see the point paying over the odds for genuine carts when compatibles work just as well. I can get a set of 6 for the R200 for under £8.

Steep said:
Can't see the point paying over the odds for genuine carts when compatibles work just as well. I can get a set of 6 for the R200 for under £8.

I thought that aswell when i bought my Epson R320. Then i did a test, printed the same picture using various settings in Photoshop using compatible inks, then exactly the same with Epson. There is a big difference between the 2.

All my pics with compatibles had blue casts to them

I buy mine from ebay, about £22-£25 for a full set of 6 genuine ones.

Back