Episyrphus balteatus

episyrphusbalteatus52.jpg

Anthidium sp.

anthidiumfiorentinum35a.jpg

Aeshna cyanea

aeshnacyanea46pbase.jpg

Aeshna juncea

aeshnajuncea56pbase.jpg

Each and every time you post I don't think I have ever disliked or not been amazed by the quality of the photo's , these are no different! Amazing!

Matt

Superb shots and spot on exposures.

Spent many hours at a pond near my home doing much the same. An abundance of dragonflies there last summer.

I find these shots quite amazing but one thing I don't understand ... how the hell does anyone focus accurately on a flying insect?

I find these shots quite amazing but one thing I don't understand ... how the hell does anyone focus accurately on a flying insect?

Its all about the time of day you do it at. If the temperature is low, insects tend to hover and move far more slowly than they normally would. If you have a long enough lens and go out when its cool, thats how you get the opportunities to take photos like the OPs. Its exceptionally hard to do though even when they are slow moving lol.

Agree, superb shots! Number 2 for me as a favourite, but they're all great. Really like the inclusion of the flower in 1

Amazing i have to agree with the majority love no2 it's so still but can almost feel the movement

Simply marvellous. Makes me want to go out and buy a new macro lens

Loving these shots, I have to say my favourite is number one, it looks like he's ready to dive on in...amazing detail...well done you :)

Wow. Nothing more i can say.

I also love no 2 but Wow all of them look seriously hard work.
Do you use any lures / treats or is it just patience >?

Back