Inside a chuch! - has to be subtle(!) HDR :)

A cracking set the processing works really well and not way over the top (y)

Hi
All good as they all look natural. However, my favourite would be number 3 as it captures a good tonal range and shows plenty of detail.

Hi Jeff

I envy your ability with HDR....superb as always :clap:

As for the question you asked.....I'd have to say #2 & #4 look the most natural to me

Nothing wrong with the others , love 'em all :clap:

oh yes....wasn't gonna say but can't stop myself....#1 seems to be touch squiff ? I'll get me coat......

Hi Jeff

I envy your ability with HDR....superb as always :clap:

As for the question you asked.....I'd have to say #2 & #4 look the most natural to me

Nothing wrong with the others , love 'em all :clap:

oh yes....wasn't gonna say but can't stop myself....#1 seems to be touch squiff ? I'll get me coat......

The church was on a hill ;)

Speaking as someone who had done a similar thing involving a couple of local churches, I say those are very well done!

Meant to ask earlier Jeff.....

how many images do you use for your HDR work ?

I generally start with B&W version then re-introduce colors till I get the effect I like...or go the other way with painterly then natural lighting effects....

be very interested to know how you work....if you don't mind giving away your secrets ?

cheers
Lynne (y)

They varied from 3 to 7
All shot in RAW then converted the RAW's to TIFF's in canons DPP software.
The TIFFs were opened in photomatix Pro.

The preset Fusion Default I think was used for the majority as the base with some minor tweaking of the sliders in photomatix.

A TIFF was then exported to photoshop CS3.

I ran my custom noise reduction/sharpen action and then added a colour balance adjustment layer to bring the stonework tones back to how I remembered them as they looked a little yellow....I also find desaturating some of the colours make HDR's from photomatix look a little more realistic.

Hope that helps...

Back