Inside an abandoned house.

Name
Toni
Edit My Images
No
This is not your typical empty, derelict house.

I have some good friends that we met up with in Canada a few weeks back, and some of them rent a property with a semi-derelict house next door. That's nothing special, but what IS unusual is that the people who lived there literally just walked away one morning: There's a ready threaded up sewing machine on the kitchen table, pyjamas on a bed, childrens clothes hanging in a wardrobe and medication on a countertop. They just walked out some time between 10 and 20 years ago, occasionally coming back to shove a bit of junk into the kitchen. The property and land now belongs to someone else, from whom our friends rent a house next door.

The roof is coming in now, and it will probably become unsafe in another 12 months, so these images may well be all the world will see of this place. As for why there's only 12, we'd been out for a long day with our friends and their children and were tired & looking forward to dinner. Although we'd talked about doing in there during the morning, enthusiasm was running low, but I managed to persuade our host to take us over. Light was falling as it was evening, so I popped a 50mm f1.7 on and had just about 10-15min inside, shooting at 800 and 1600 ISO to compensate as the sun went down.

I've processed these a little cool, and the high ISO has added a fair bit of noise. I have added a sloppy printing style border to try to increase the sense of disorder and decay, and which disappears on a white forum background. I did experiment with B&W, but the images lose a great deal like that. I know these aren't perfect (wish I'd focussed on the tap instead of the corner in the first shot) but C&C welcome.

Desertedhouse-2_zps94d2a2fa.jpg

Desertedhouse-2-2_zps64d77764.jpg~original

Desertedhouse-2-4_zpsf8faa33f.jpg~original

Desertedhouse-2-6_zps5317abd3.jpg~original

Desertedhouse-2-8_zps8221e211.jpg~original

Desertedhouse-2-10_zpse6bb8396.jpg~original

What format do you upload your picture as? And where do you upload them. I never can see them I get red crosses instead!

These are .jpg hosted on photobucket.com. Is it just my images you can't see or are there others too?

Almost as though they were abducted by aliens or something, they certainly left in quite a hurry. Well taken set.(y)

I think old abandoned are really interesting, I would really love to photo the inside of building long forgotten. I would try it myself, just too many legal problems though.

There are some local buildings I'd like to be able to photograph too, but they've been off limits to the public a long time now. :(

There are some local buildings I'd like to be able to photograph too, but they've been off limits to the public a long time now. :(

I have spotted some really interesting abandoned buildings where I live also, but I would certainly not try and gain access to photograph them though. Just have to make do photographing the exterior :)

These pics sure tell a story - fascinating.

These images are quite spooky , Like someone just walked away and left everything

Back