Inside Bath abbey HDR

Name
Angi
Edit My Images
Yes
I visited Bath for the first time yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed the abbey, this my first image of many.
Inside_Bath_Abbey_HDR_1_by_AngiNelson.jpg

Did you intend to show what I think looks like a meticulous and idealised water colour? I'm sure the original is brilliant or you would not have got this with the post prod.

Thanks, I did not have intentions to make it appear like a watercolour, but I do love art and painting - so maybe that is what subconciously swayed my post production in that direction. I just love the way it turned out.

I prefer the third picture to both of the others. Much more character and it has texture which the HDR one doesn't.

2nd one for me, the tone mapping is spot on, really like that look just cant get it myself.

No 2 and No 3 for me. I'm not too keen on No 1, probably because I don't particularly like HDR, but I also think it is slightly overcooked. I think it would also be improved by correcting the distortion of the arches on the left.
In No 2 I like the tone mapping as this has been used to good effect to highlight details in a difficult shot.
No 3 shows great 3D detail.(y)

I'm liking all 3..the HDR in no 1 is to my own tastes and looks just the job!

The 2nd is full of good architcetural interest to me

The 3rd is simply wonderful and is almost 3D - well composed, exposed and processed!

Thanks for the comments guys. All 3 are HDR images, just all processed a bit differently. I still have loads to process.

Thanks, I did not have intentions to make it appear like a watercolour, but I do love art and painting - so maybe that is what subconciously swayed my post production in that direction. I just love the way it turned out.

I think it's great. I would however consider maybe cropping a bit from the top. The colours from what I assume are stained glass; distract you from the altar and the superb stonework.

I thought all 3 were HDR. and like the 3rd best. You often get that cool 3D with low key HDR.

Gary.

Back