Inspecting the Jellyfish! and "I wish it would stop raining"!

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Another one from our family Holiday to Northumberland. This was on the first evening at the beach, The girls had found a jellyfish and began to poke and prod as kids do, purposely threw the horizon out on this and used the wide end of the lens for some effect. I like it anyway :)

Matt

Inspecting the jellyfish by mattd85, on Flickr

And another from our holiday, Jasmine desperately wanted to go outside but it was raining, I however seen and opportunity for a shot, so I sneaked out the back and ran around the front and got the shot from outside :)

Hope you like

Matt

I wish it would stop raining!!! by mattd85, on Flickr

These are great but I would have tried to move round to the right slightly on the first one to get all of her head in a clear shot. The second one I can't be certain but looks like the focus is on the rain drops, I would have tried to focus on the subject more

Really like that first one, great photo. I agree with Chris about more face on the photo tho.

Love the first shot here Matt. Great use of wide angle.

No one mentioning the horizon not being straight in the first one...shocked. :-D

Like both shots and tried something on the same lines as the second shot myself but think you pulled it off better.

#1 for me. I have a soft spot for wide angle portraiture and this has got it spot on.
I can see your concept of not going for a level horizon but for me its not enough. I would have liked to see a more aggressive slant. Almost to the point where it joins the top right corner to the bottom left corner.
Granted that is a look not endorsed by everyone, would just be nice to see how it looked from a personal perspective.

Not withstanding that it ticks all the boxes. (y)

I really like them both, very much like the vivid colour in the first and the angle.

These are great but I would have tried to move round to the right slightly on the first one to get all of her head in a clear shot. The second one I can't be certain but looks like the focus is on the rain drops, I would have tried to focus on the subject more

Hi Chris,

Yes the face did bug me once I got home and started to edit, so I know where your coming from.

As for the glass/rain shot, Im not sure where the focus point exactly is either hahaha. :bonk:

Thanks For looking

Matt

1 is great, love the wide end of the lens here, more DOF required though.

2nd is a good attempt, but the rain covering the eye is distracting.

Really like that first one, great photo. I agree with Chris about more face on the photo tho.

Thanks Lads, Points taken on board.

Love the first shot here Matt. Great use of wide angle.

Thanks Gaz

No one mentioning the horizon not being straight in the first one...shocked. :-D

Like both shots and tried something on the same lines as the second shot myself but think you pulled it off better.

LOL! Thanks Dean

Love the innocence of no.1

Ta!

#1 for me. I have a soft spot for wide angle portraiture and this has got it spot on.
I can see your concept of not going for a level horizon but for me its not enough. I would have liked to see a more aggressive slant. Almost to the point where it joins the top right corner to the bottom left corner.
Granted that is a look not endorsed by everyone, would just be nice to see how it looked from a personal perspective.

Not withstanding that it ticks all the boxes. (y)

I may give that a go in pp so how far I can push it :)

I really like them both, very much like the vivid colour in the first and the angle.

Back