INSPIRATION needed....bitten off more than my creativity can handle

LASTOLITE

No longer has 4 inches
Name
Bill
Edit My Images
Yes
My son is 8 years old and his teacher has asked me to do a photographic project with him and his 30 class mates....between 8 and 9 yrs old Year 4 class.

The titles are

LOVE

FRIENDSHIP

PEACE

FORGIVENESS

TRUST

THANKFULNESS

We will have the school, the school grounds (basic with a small wood area) each other and I suppose the teachers. There is also a linear park...long strip path ( X-railway line of trees and verge with a path)

I have a few ideas but the brief has changed from Just LOVE to all of the above.......

I appreciate any ideas - hopefully it will spark my creativity and we may have something good at the end.....30 kids interested in taking pictures

Thanks very much.....

Bill

Love.... heartshape (or the word LOVE itself spelt up and down or across left to right) made out of the kids on the playground, photgraphed from the highest point you can find, upper floor classroom / tree. Precise arrangement a must here. Chalk marks might help.

Friendship, two kids walking up the path holding hands, shallow dof, close frsming on just the hands or wider.

Peace, kid lying on their front under a tree reading a book quietly. (low POV??) Differences in dof, composition choices to make

forgivesness... dunno :LOL:

Trust, one child falling backwards into the arms of their classmates, slow shuter to try and capture some motion blur. Maybe even rear curtain flash. Plain BG needed as aperture could be quite small to get slow shutter.

Thankfullness, dinner time, 5 or 6 kids down one side of a table with their lunches in front of them, heads bowed as if saying grace. Shallow DOF focussed on second child in. B&W maybe.

Not the easiest of themes I grant you. :)

Last edited:
Graham, thank you for the reply! funny I had been thinking similar to you! confirms its not a bad idea!

Some ideas I hadn't thought of too

Big thanks!!

youre welcome Bill.... what I was veering towards as i as thinking...

was trying to take 2 shots that are essentially the same, but creating a differnt effect within each to show the differneces shutter / aperture / viewpoint / composition make.

You may find 8 yr olds will still favour a central composition; and everything sharp, rather than shallow DOF type shots.

Should be interesting though!

Good luck too. :)

if it was me I would get the kids to think of their own ideas/interpretations - give them a week or so to come up with ideas then choose the best ones - will they be getting a camera each to use? disposables maybe? sounds like fun :)

Back