Inspiration needed

BMG

Edit My Images
No
Help, I live in Northampton and could do with some inspiration for where to shoot landscapes in the Northamptonshire region. Any suggestions greatly received

If you don't have it already download the Photographer Ephemeris. It is free for PCs and Macs. Also have a look at the local OS map, either the paper one or online via Bing maps. The online one is particularly good because you can zoom in quite a bit.

Don't really know the area but a few thoughts -Nene valley, Salcey Forest, Castle Ashby.

Dave

Thank you, terrible thing when you are born and bred in one place & don't really know where to look. I did a google images search but only found the every day type images, nothing special. I'll have a look at the photographers ephemeris

Where in northants are you?

Is there any specific kind of thing/place you're after?

Sorry I re-read landscape style...getting out to the villages gives you a bit more scope

Last edited:
Rockingham forest has some nice bits - it depends really what you are looking for

Where in northants are you?!

Hi, I live in Abington. I've had some good shots at the park however I haven't tried my hand at shooting flowing water with slow shutter speed, so if anyone knows some interesting river walks, not along the Nene but one of its tributaries? Thanks for helping out!

Last edited:
Bob down towards Chapel Brampton as there are field upon field of rapeseed which are currently bright yellow, contrasting against some of the lush green fields. Around there, in a few weeks there are a number of poppy fields. Hope that helps.

Bob down towards Chapel Brampton as there are field upon field of rapeseed which are currently bright yellow, contrasting against some of the lush green fields. Around there, in a few weeks there are a number of poppy fields. Hope that helps.
Evening thanks, I know the area. Work has been so busy I haven't had the chance to get out with my camera! Hoping to over the bank holiday.

If I get chance this weekend I will process the shots I took of the area and post a couple up to see if that inspires you.

Hopefully, these will inspire you.

4.jpg

4.jpg

4.jpg

4.jpg

Thanks for posting! Really like 3 and 4. The colours and dof, work really well. Hopefully the weather will hold out tomorrow/Monday! If it does & I don't spend all weekend with the family, will get out & post on here!

Back