Inspired by a powercut

Edit My Images
No
Yes we were in darkness from 6:30pm on Sunday and it remained off for about 18 hours :banghead: I blame all those chavy Xmas lights on our estate!

However, sitting there in the candlelight gave me an idea for a photo - and here it is:

5b0f7e03.jpg

I love the way that just a small section of the top and the angle of the writing allows you to visualize shape and size of the can.

Taken in a dark room, handheld at 1/50th at F2.5 on a 50mm F1.4 Nikkor via the D70. No cropping or exposure adjustments.

I wonder if Guinness would be interested in buying this one? ;)

Matt.

My favourite tipple...'Guin dr' :D

In my mum and dads' day, they used to occupy themselves in a different way during powercuts.

Nice capture...the candle almost looks like the head on a pint of the black stuff and compliments the can well.

I like that image a lot - but I like candles anyway... Thinking advertising image here...

Photo of the church candle in a black room. Superimpose the Guinness logo from the can onto the black area of the candle. "Guiness - A Religious Experience"...

You heard it here first, and I want royalties... :D

Noticed you have this one entered on the AVF comp Matt....2nd place at the mo. Would have voted for the shot if I had an ID ;)

very cool Matt, i like it!

DJW said:
Noticed you have this one entered on the AVF comp Matt....2nd place at the mo.

Yes it is in 2nd place at the moment :no3:

I wouldn't mind but the current front runner, although a beautiful composition is not sharp and has lost all the detail in the bright section. I know that sounds like sour grapes but it's my new year's resolution to speak my mind :thumb:

Matt.

Rock on and let's hear it for power cuts if this is the result !

A really great capture Matt2 ... sorry F ! I love it to Guiness !

Back