Inspired by my cancer treatment...

Name
Fi
Edit My Images
Yes
Well that's a depressing title isn't it?!

It is true though - these are inspired by my experience of being 'treated' for breast cancer. C&C always welcome... I'd be interested to know how people interpret these?

DSC_0040 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

DSC_9807 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

DSC_9804 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

An interesting set of images Fi, nicely composed. In my (amateur) view I think the jars/bottles are a little dark and could do with the exposure lifting a little.

I get the link between the images and your treatment - I expect the Docs have prescribed a never ending variety of medication - if only it was as easy as taking a drop of the "Life Renewal" potion, and who amongst us would not benefit from a few pearls of Wisdom!

Good luck with the treatment, I hope all goes well for you.

Chris

I get the connection of the slash (surgery), poison (chemo), and burn (radiation) treatment of cancer... But I'm not sure many would if they haven't any experience with it. I also think that the additional bottles in the first image kind of "confuse" that message.
I imagine they are meant to convey a sense of "hope" or "positive future," but I don't really make that connection. Maybe with a different composition that has more "separation"... maybe with the slash/poison/burn smaller/farther in the BG to imply "the past."

The third has a kind of Alice in Wonderland quality about it....kind of a 'drink me' type of thing. It seems it should almost be the beginning of the story. Maybe I'm odd though.

I'm unsure of the second....the first has different connotations without the story then it seems almost a devils offering. A 'choose madness' rather then the sensible option type of thing

I hope all is going well for you

H

Thank you all for commenting (and asking how I am - I'm ok at the moment thank you) - is interesting to see your feedback. I did wonder if people would get the 'poison / slash / burn' connection - as you say Steven, if you've not had experience of it you might not have come across the terminiology.

To be honest Hugh you've kind of hit on what I was trying to convey with the first shot... that the treatment you have on offer is a bit of a devils offering. A barbaric way of dealing with the problem but you have to choose the 'madness' - and live with the side effects - because that is actually the only sensible option you've got.

To be honest Hugh you've kind of hit on what I was trying to convey with the first shot... that the treatment you have on offer is a bit of a devils offering. A barbaric way of dealing with the problem but you have to choose the 'madness' - and live with the side effects - because that is actually the only sensible option you've got.

Given that this is the message you are trying to convey. I would try an arrangement of all of the "other bottles" in "crazy jumble" with the 3 holding their respective bottles kind of "surrounding" the jumble.

I take it you went thru chemo first in order to shrink the tumor prior to surgery.... I put it second as that was my (indirect) experience. I do hope things are on an upswing for you. It's a miserable experience to go thru.

Given that this is the message you are trying to convey. I would try an arrangement of all of the "other bottles" in "crazy jumble" with the 3 holding their respective bottles kind of "surrounding" the jumble.

I take it you went thru chemo first in order to shrink the tumor prior to surgery.... I put it second as that was my (indirect) experience. I do hope things are on an upswing for you. It's a miserable experience to go thru.

Thanks Steven - I will give that a go. I see what you are getting at.

I actually had two failed surgeries, followed by chemo and then another 3 surgeries. The first two operations were relatively minor though - and the ones after chemo were not minor at all. I guess that's why I think of it in the order that I do.

Back