Instagram for Android now available

Grabbed this an hour ago, was just about to post the same thing

Cheers :)

It is missing some features though. The ones I miss from my days of owning an ipod touch are the Flickr sharing option and the fact the pictures dont get saved to my phone gallery :(

I'm sure these will be fixed in future updates though.

It is missing some features though. The ones I miss from my days of owning an ipod touch are the Flickr sharing option and the fact the pictures dont get saved to my phone gallery :(

I'm sure these will be fixed in future updates though.

Hadn't used it before but have been playing with it on my HTC and also on the wife's iPhone..... much better on the iPhone in terms of effects but on iPhone I can't seem to crop the same.

Also, a mate uses an iPhone and gets the black strips top and bottom but can't seem to do it on my HTC.

No tilt/shift on Android either.

Nevertheless, it's an addictive type of sharing and I love the effects.

Last edited:
After installing all three IG updates and updating my phone to Ice Cream Sandwich, Instagram is running a lot better and the photographs are actually saving to my phone. This makes it a lot easier to upload them to Flickr using the Android Flickr app.

As for the tilt shift, that's reportedly coming in an update but for now I am running a few through the free version of Be Funky for a TS effect then uploading them to IG. Bit of a mare but it does the job for now.

I'm norters on IG by the way :p:D

Also just found instagram (iphone), add your name tag and i'll follow :) mines steveuk1981:wave:

Last edited:
Not compatible with Sony experia S..., bummer!!!!

Back