Wild Instagram Top 9

dragonfly

Advertiser
Name
Des
Edit My Images
No
Happy New Year everyone! Apparently these are my top 9 posts on Instagram. What's yours? Please feel free to post!

topnine.jpg

Des is the auratus ( Dendrobates auratus :green and black dart frog taken in costa rica. I'm fascinated by these south american frogs Des they come in many morphs, wild colour forms hence my curiosity I presume it's wild?? It's actually wonderful for me that so many folks like that image Des a real passion of ours these frogs and we are loosing them so so fast. :(

I don't have an instagram account................................... gorgeous set of frames Des they really are !!

cheers in advance please forgive slightly off topic but I had to ask

stu

Hi Stu, yes, all wild, as per tag indicates. I love herptiles and in particular small colourful frogs such as the Dendrobates, and Mantellas from Madagascar, which I have also photographed.

I would have thought there would be more folks on Instagram here, that want to share theirs also, I guess not! :giggle:

Cheers!

Des is the image made in Costa???

I saw the tag, Des it didn't register lol too funny,what really prompted my post though was what morph of auratus I was looking at ,obviously without site info. I don't want that on the web !!!

Des we have a room of dart frogs we've kept for years now,we have bred auratus,although not the above morph,thier life cycle is amazing. I'd love to make an image of a wild dart with a tad pack......one of life's little wants.

Hopefully your insta crowd will build Des they have to be here lurking. I simply haven't time to explore things like that ,I can barely keep up here:rolleyes: give them time buddy

all the luck

stu

Yes, buddy, taken in Costa Rica in March.

By the way, you don't need to be a registered user of Instagram to browse. You should be able to follow the link (under my signature) and it'll take you to my page, then click on any of the images and it'll give you a bit more info. You can do this on mobile devices or desktop computer.

Brill thanks so much,it's always a guess with auratus morphs Des and one never knows if its a genuinely wild frog pictured but I do with yours just lovely to see

Ahh maybe one day to make images of them in the wild.............,I'd love to do the Bocas del Toro, Des, for the Oophaga pumillio: the Strawberry poison frog You have photographed them previously I believe?? also Costa?? ,I might have visited your "insta "before "whistles quietly":)

Ggod knows how many morphs of wild occuriing locals of auratus there are Des, they come in blues greens browns and creams all made by mum nature. only topped by the pums I believe,we don't even know if all are known to science............. perfection !!

Ahh well I'm chuffed, just lovely Des maybe a proper bite at the weekend

Back