integrated or dedicated?

Name
Luke
Edit My Images
Yes
i am looking to upgrade my pc (its really good but the trouble is wires and bulkiness) i hate wires and i want to get a space saving one, ihave however noticed the imac 24 inch for £1000 and my uncle is a mac lover and when i first played with a mac was like kissing a girl for the first time (ok thats the best example i could come up with) however there are a few versions and the one had in built graphics and the other had dedicated, now i know about computers and i know that dedicated is better because integrated feeds off the ram.

is dedicated that much of a neccessity for photo editing?

photo editing can be pretty intensive depending on the format, size and what you are doing so I would say go dedicated!

The new iMacs have Nvidea cards which are very good. I have MacBook Pro which has the Gforce 9400. No problems with Photoshop or Lightroom, even when running on an external 24" monitor. Would recommend upping the RAM though. I'm running with 4 Gb of DDR3 memory and it's fine , even with 28Mb RAW files

If you really want OSX, get a mac, if you don't, you can get a lot more speed for your money with a regular PC and windows.

If you really want OSX, get a mac, if you don't, you can get a lot more speed for your money with a regular PC and windows.

Or an elegant all in one solution ;)

i found a 20" imac on currys and its £950 ive copied the specs the specs from website. would this be good enough to run photoshop and lightroom.

2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard - Operating system
2GB Memory - Run more applications
320GB Hard Drive - Load up on photos,videos
20'' Widescreen display - Vivid colours
NVIDIAGeForce9400M graphics
iLife 09 Software - Includes iPhoto, iMovie
8x double layer superdrive - DVDs slide in
Built-in Wi-Fi - High-speed wireless
iSight camera - iChat,iMovie or Photo Booth

Yes it will, but the 20" screen is only 6Bit colour rather than 8Bit as with the 24", so the colours won't be as accurate.

apple arent the only company that do all in one solutions..

Dell have a pretty awesome all in one solution that looks like a big briefcase. I've seen them a few times in a couple of places. The iMacs are hard to beat though.

Back