London Interesting Locations Near High Wycombe ?

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Hopefully someone with some local knowledge will be able to help.

I'm meeting some friends for dinner in High Wycombe at the beginning of February, to make the drive worthwhile (I'll be traveling by car from London) can anyone suggest any interesting locations for landscape photography please ?

Many thanks

Burnham Beeches if you like woodland. Check a map to see if it's "close" enough. Feb though might be a bit miserable.
Marlow is a pretty town if you want architecture/street - the bridge used to be quite picturesque as is the park near it. Same for Cookham (which is much smaller but you can get your Fawlty Towers on)
Beaconsfield Model Village if you want... a model village :)
Hughenden park for... parkland...
West Wycombe Caves if they're open. It was underwhelming when I went back in the olden days so probably worth checking to see if there's a website. You can carry on up past the caves to a car park at the top (again check - it's bee a while for me) which gives commanding views over the surrounding countryside.
Odds Farm Park if you want animals (and it's open)
Cliveden if you want stately home & grounds
Winter Hill (Cookham Dean) has nice views out over the Thames and Marlow town if you want general "English" landscape.

Last edited:
The Chilterns are quite pretty though I suspect the best time to visit would be spring and summer when crops are in the rolling fields. I don't know it all that well but I'd go for a drive around there or try the North Wessex Downs and hope you get some interesting conditions. If you've seen the film Danny Champion of the World you'll have seen Stonor Park featured (Chilterns), it's lovely countryside around there but sorry I can't be more specific

Last edited:
Back