Interesting three screen laptop.

Baloo

Pleurodelinae and proud
Name
Roger
Edit My Images
Yes
Also if oyur laptop has a display port (or mini display port) you can get splitters that will give you more outputs.

Also if oyur laptop has a display port (or mini display port) you can get splitters that will give you more outputs.

Thank you, I am a bit of a luddite when it comes to computers, so I can use my laptop to run a decent screen?

If you have a monitor output on it yes.

You may not get the resolution of desktop pc's but it be better than the inbuilt screen.

If you are running Windows XP or higher you are able to output to multi monitors, it just depends on what ouputs your laptop has.

Thanks, I am just looking to get a new computer but thought I would need to buy a desktop, which I did not really want to do. A decent laptop and a screen at home looks like a good option for me.

But your new laptop MUST have a display port video output to cope: older HDMI/DVI won't handle that resolution.
Yeah I agree, but as we were discussing new three screen laptops, three screen setups, I guess the caveat might be that an additional/replacement graphics card may required on older machines...

Looks like the Razr 3 screen prototype laptop might have been stolen for CES now as well (2 prototype devices stolen from Razr at the event, but unconfirmed which ones)

Yeah I agree, but as we were discussing new three screen laptops, three screen setups, I guess the caveat might be that an additional/replacement graphics card may required on older machines...

The conversation seemed to have evolved to running external screens generally.

Back