NSFW Interesting work.

Not sure why he says from the 40 and 50s as mosty the same clubs were in existence since the earliest days of photography.
and victorian gentlemen photographers became quite expert in the erotic nude.

Almost the first thing a lens focused on was a scanty female.

Last edited:
Interesting series.
http://www.chrisverene.com/work/camera-club/camera-club-1.html

My first thought was thing was tongue in cheek but it's serious.
It's an interesting approach and project, something not thought about. I'll admit, as a 20 year old I first got serious about photography because there were model shoots at the local club. This was shot ten years or so later and was probably of a time. Whilst there are model shoots, tftp etc, the models are probably very switched on now, especially those from the modelling sites.

The images work perfectly for his approach, I think especially #3, shows a disturbing approach by the club photographers. Some of the images feel grubby, sordid, the way they are shot, yet others like #12 are just like a behind the scenes shot. The model is smiling, there's a feeling a conversation, an interchange.

Is this still valid today, or is this just a snapshot of the time? Very thought provoking. Thanks

Interesting series.
http://www.chrisverene.com/work/camera-club/camera-club-1.html

My first thought was thing was tongue in cheek but it's serious.
It's an interesting approach and project, something not thought about. I'll admit, as a 20 year old I first got serious about photography because there were model shoots at the local club. This was shot ten years or so later and was probably of a time. Whilst there are model shoots, tftp etc, the models are probably very switched on now, especially those from the modelling sites.

The images work perfectly for his approach, I think especially #3, shows a disturbing approach by the club photographers. Some of the images feel grubby, sordid, the way they are shot, yet others like #12 are just like a behind the scenes shot. The model is smiling, there's a feeling a conversation, an interchange.

Is this still valid today, or is this just a snapshot of the time? Very thought provoking. Thanks

No idea, but just thought it was interesting work, and makes some interesting points.

Almost certainly.

Shouldn't this be in the Nude and Glamour section?
:exit:

Back