Interior Photography Tips

Name
Chris Humphreys
Edit My Images
No
Not sure if this is the right forum category for this, but thought I'd share my first blog with you. A short guide to interior photography. It's an expansive subject so I plan to cover lighting and post processing in different blogs.

blog: 20 Pro tips for better interior photos

I'd be interested in hearing what other related architectural photography topics folk would be interested in reading about for my future blogs. Other ideas I have so far:
  • How to become an architectural photographer
  • Camera kit for shooting architecture
  • Tilt & Shift lens guide
  • Dusk building photography
  • Lightroom processing for interiors
Cheers

Chris

Last edited:
I enjoy reading many of Keith Cooper's various articles on Northlight Images. He covers Tilt/Shift in detail, as he is an architectural photographer.

Here is a link to typical article.

Here is a link to a general index of Tilt/Shift articles.

You may find he answers many of your other questions too, it's a big website. But these are not "20 tips to be like a pro..." articles, they are lengthy articles full of detail and technical content - that may not be your thing.

I should point out that I am not associated with Mr Cooper in any way.

Many thanks I'll take a look. I'm also an architectural photographer and regularly use a tilt & shift lens for my work, so yes the blog I was thinking of writing was more a technical article on how to use one, what it's for etc. Always good to research what others have written first though!

Not sure if this is the right forum category for this, but thought I'd share my first blog with you. A short guide to interior photography. It's an expansive subject so I plan to cover lighting and post processing in different blogs.

blog: 20 Pro tips for better interior photos

I'd be interested in hearing what other related architectural photography topics folk would be interested in reading about for my future blogs. Other ideas I have so far:
  • How to become an architectural photographer
  • Camera kit for shooting architecture
  • Tilt & Shift lens guide
  • Dusk building photography
  • Lightroom processing for interiors
Cheers

Chris
Thanks Chris - i enjoyed that and your images are excellent. Looking forward to reading future blogs.

One question, if I may - why do you talk about yourself in the 3rd person on your "About" page? I find it really off-putting and I know plenty of other people who do as well. One lost conversion, etc...

@learningtofly Hi there, yeh it's a difficult decision and one I wrestled with. The whole website is written in third person as I felt it more professional, however the blog is first person. I'd be interested to know other folks thoughts on this too. Maybe I should start a poll!

Last edited:
Back