Intermittent DNP DS40

Edit My Images
No
Hello

I am fairly new to Photo Booths but have ended up having to build one and run as part of my job (delivering after parties)

So my set up is

Mac OSX 10.7.2
Lightroom 4
Canon Eos 60D Tethered
DNP DS40

I had the whole system running in the office, everything was working fine, i was astonished at how simple and stress free i found Lightroom (for watermarks and such) I have the printer set up for 6x8s this is set in Light Room and also as a preset through the printer setting in Preview.

We are at our first event and the moment the customers came through the door, the printer start stalling and throwing up the following error

incompatible media size

I've tried all the classic stuff, rebooting, re installing driver etc

I have also been on the phone to PhotoMart three times today, i think it was mark i'm his new annoying friend who won't leave him alone, anyways back on topic they were a great help and patient, but they too seem bamboozled by the problem (hello if your listening, i think your great!)

What really confuses me is how it will print a photo you think woohoo we've solved it then you try another and up pops the error. I'm sat in a freezing cold marquee, it's been snowing and tonights event starts in 4 hours ARGHSFGHSFHTGHJFJ

Strangely i'm able to continue printing if i turn the printer off and on again between prints. Not ideal but progress!

Could it be that it is running off 16amp?

Any help would be massively appreciated

Andy

I am having the same issue. :thinking:

MacBook Pro 10.6.8
Lightroom 4
DNP DS40

I can print 1st pic.. but if take another pic and then print, i get the same message. what i do, is pull the usb after each print, then plug back in.

Now... I don't have this issue when using my Windows 7 pc.

I am looking for a resolution as well....

~mike t

I have a same error incompatible media size but it can print self test and MS word without any problem. But I have no luck with iphoto, photoshop, lightroom and they all have a same error "incompatible media size". It is terrible and odd.

I got a tech support from DNP company.
open browser (safari, firefox, etc...)

type on address bar: http://127.0.0.1:631/admin or http://localhost:631/

*this will open cups interface, navigate to printer defaults and set the media size type to 4x6 and save.

If CUPS web is disabled, from a terminal window type:

cupsctl webinterface=yes<enter>

*terminal is under utilities/under applications

Administration of the CUPS web interface will require the original administrators username and password. This must be provided before the printers can be added and is beyond technical support for driver installation.

Terry Bomersbach

DNP IMSA

888-749-3587

Home Administration Classes Online Help Jobs Printers
right.gif

Set Default Options for Dai_Nippon_Printing_DS40
General Banners Policies

You can set the size of paper in this option. Please play around with web interface.

I add more info here.

Here are the steps needed to set the default print size:

Verify that CUPS control is enabled on your computer by opening Safari or your preferred browser and typing the following url in your address bar: http://localhost:631/
If you are told that CUPS control is not enabled, please access terminal under the utilities in the administration folder. From this terminal window type cupsctl webinterface=yes<enter> and then close the terminal window.

Now open up http://localhost:631/printers in your browser, select the Dai Nippon printer that you want to change the default print sizes on from the listed printers. On this page, select the administration drop down menu option and then select “Set Default Options”.

From the list of options, the top one is Media Size. Select the drop down to the right of this option and select the correct print size for the media loaded in your printer. Select the Set Default button located at the bottom of the page. You will need to provide the administrator’s credentials for your computer if you are prompted.

Here is the tech guy from DNP. Thanks Terry for this info.
Terry Bomersbach

DNP IMSA

888-749-3587

I am having the same problem here. I can print with no problems from my iMac using Lightroom but getting the error error incompatible media size. I can print okay with Photoshop and iPhoto but just having the problem with Lightroom. I have taken all the steps above to set the media size but the problem still persists. Can anyone though any light on this?

Anyone found a solution I am having the treaded cant print to media issue using Lightroom classic. Adobe engineers tell me the issue is not their and to contact DNP???

Back