Intervalometer Sony A200

I would think that you would get a refocus between shots - I'm assuming you would set the camera to AF-S.
The intervalometer isn't doing anything fancy - it just triggers the shutter repeatedly according to the timer pattern you set (you can get it to control the exposure time as well, if you set the shutter speed to Bulb) - and the camera will behave as if you had done just that.

if it didn't work, changing to AF-C should fix it.

I have a similar model (via Amazon, a couple of pounds more) but haven't used it extensively.

Thanks for the response Jonathan.
I would be using AF-S.
I did read about an intervalometer for a different camera that each shot refocuses. But the one I posted on eBay doesn't mention it...

Obviously when shooting with a wireless remote, I have to half press the shutter to focus. Would the intervalometer send the focus signal first and then the shoot signal? Maybe i'm over thinking it, but I just don't want to waste money.

np :)
i think mine simulates the half press for focus, but that can work to af or to hold focus, guess thats why it was inconsistant, tested with a55 and a tamron 28-200.

A WIDE angle lens you will likely use will be more forgiving/wider depth of field

Back