Introduction

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all!

I'm a newbie so thought I'd better introduce myself!

I'm very new to this photography lark but I'm really getting into it and things are snowballing at an alarming rate atm.

Basically, I started out with a point-and-shoot digital. I took it along to some friends' gig and took some photos, was more or less instantly bitten by the bug.

I saved up for a little while and bought myself a Nikon D50. Went along to another of my friends' gigs, with the kit lens, to get some more shots and a bit of practice. At that point someone from their record company spotted my camera and asked me to take some quick promo shots for their myspace page, as a good mate I took the pics and thought nothing of it.

Next thing I know the lady from the record company gets in touch, says she liked my photos and wants me to take photos of another (bigger) band. All very cloak and daggers stuff, suffice it to say that they're in the Top 10 at the moment.

Naturally I agreed straight away but now, with a bit more reflection, I'm terrified!

So in a desperate trawl of the internet for useful hints and tips I came across this site. From what I've seen so far it seems to be really informative and friendly and I think I'll be able to learn a lot from the people who post here.

As much as I'm enjoying the music photography I'd really like to try my hand at as many things as possible.

Unfortunately, I only get internet access at work atm (naughty!) so I can't post any pics yet. But as soon as I get broadband sorted at home I'll get some things posted for you guys to cast your expert eyes over.

So that's my rather epic introduction (sorry!). But thanks for reading and I look forward to chatting with you all!

BM

Hi and welcome :wave:

Welcome. Look forward to seeing your pics.

:wave: Hello and welcome to the Forum BM - good story - can't wait to see the pics!

Back