Beginner Introduction.

Name
Jose
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello,

My name is Jose and this is my very first post in the forum.

Although I have been taking photos for a long time, I am an absolute beginner in digital photography and I have never focused on any particular field.

I have recently bought a Canon EOS 250D and I would like to improve my skills :)

Would you help me?

Any suggestions for improvement will be very well welcome. from composition, and technic to post-processing,

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello Jose, if you post some images I’m sure you will get loads of good friendly advice :)

Welcome Jose. It's a bit like riding a bike. Just get on it and keep peddling. If you have had a camera in the past the basics won't have changed that much. Concentrate on that and we'll be here to help you. Looking forward to seeing your results.

Hi, Jose, and welcome.

There's a thread here with links to a great many free photography tutorials, some of which might be of use now and some later.

For now, the best thing you can do is get to know your camera and just keep on keeping on taking photos.

Also, look at other people's photos, find the ones you like, and compare them to yours; not in terms of good or bad, but in terms of how they got the shot and how you can do the same thing. So look for where in the scene the photographer was standing, where the light is coming from and how it's lighting elements in the scene, what kind of subject they chose and where you might find something similar, and how the photographer chose to process the photo in terms of colour (saturated or desaturated), light (bright or dark), texture (more or less detailed), contrast (vivid or toned down), and so on. Would you choose to have your photos look like these?

Digital photography is similar to film photography, but you can do a lot more to your photos, so it's well worth the time to relearn some of your existing skills.

As I'm sure you already know, photography isn't something you just learn once. It can last a lifetime, if you're lucky. So take your time, and enjoy! :)

Last edited:
Hi Jose and welcome.

Don't forget to post pictures! Have fun :D

Back