Intruder At Work!!!!!! Help needed with ID

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
This cheeky thing was sunbathing on the Maindeck this morning when i was trying to work, very timid and was able to get to 5ft of it but not got a scooby doo what it is!

Not bothered About C+C as i was using an old powershot S5 and was trying to get used to it.

Rovers_Andy

Rovers_Andy

It is a blue question mark ... I think something is up with the link to the image

Last edited:
argggghhhhh stupid photobucket lol. will try again.

This photos are cursed! couldnt get them to open in apperture either

If you right click on the blue Xs in the first post, you can see the URL which he's trying to post... and it looks like a slightly startled young cormorant, I think - hasn't developed full black plumage yet.

would post them in my album but cant get them to open in apperture to resize, my mac is throwing a wobbly today.

If you right click on the blue Xs in the first post, you can see the URL which he's trying to post... and it looks like a slightly startled young cormorant, I think - hasn't developed full black plumage yet.

i had thought it might have been, but didnt think they would be in waters this warm

Should it have some yellow on the beak if it was a cormorant

Should it have some yellow on the beak if it was a cormorant

yeah i just googled a Cormerant to check.

seen these catching fish a few times but never around long enough to photograph

thought it was a juvenile cormorant

I still think it is a young Shag, slender beak, no yellow patch at the base of its beak, and a juvenile Cormorant would have a white belly.

However I am about as far from the sea as you can get in the UK so we do not see to many sea birds around these parts, and am relying on a Collins guide.

bit more info guys, they turned up again today, grey feathers with white blotches, white belly and looks to be between 18 and 24 Inches in height

I definately think its a cormerant now, just dont know what variation it is, thanks guys for the quick replies and sharing the knowledge

:clap: (y)

Back